It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:24 pm
Board index » Talking About Stuff » I made it and fabrication

omnipotent being
omnipotent being

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:25 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
So a few places sell a mount to fit a winch behindish the stock bumper, a while ago I got a Jimnybits one to fit a 4500lb ebay winch but wasn't aware of how much cutting was needed and how much it poked out (to be fair with a 9000lb size winch you dont have a choice, not the mounts fault)

So decided to make one, like most things these days I point and say do this while somebody else does the work, safer for everyone that way.

Simply a big chunk of angle, with some ears each end to go around the little chassis rail stubs they have and a plate that bolts on from behind (with crush tubes) to sandwich the Crossmember, more or less just copied the mounting parts of any winch mounts, bullbars etc we could find good pics of.

Also gave a great place either side to fit some tow hooks, the stock points dont look bad, but you never know and these are easier to get out if buried.

None of its been tested more than a bit of a winch around the yard, it's only really there if I happen to get stuck by myself and winching onto some recovery boards will be easier than digging out under it to get them in (big sand anchor will be mounted to the trailer, so anchor bolted to anchor)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vehicle: jb74

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:16 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
This is awesome. So did you put the bumper back on? Did it need much cutting? Can you show a photo of that?

Jump to: