It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:37 am
Board index » ausZOOkers » Website Help & FAQs

Platinum Supporter
Platinum Supporter

Vehicle: 2010 jimny

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:11 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Since jake went postal and clearly didn't know he was driving people insane ive been thinking about why that happened and how to cool peopleoff by leting them know their not searching. Or are posting annoyingly.

Having basicly no knowledge on how the forum works may mean my idea is stupid but here it is anyway. Under each avitar theres a heat meter, a thumbs up and a thumbs down. Instead of hiding unpopular posts, the vote down button makes the heat meter go up. The user can see that someone went to the effort of clicking the thumbs down. The detearent for just thumbsdowning everyone is like a propper post you get taken to a posting (voting) page full of adds, for a few seconds before geting returned to theforum. Same goes for thumbs up. Cools off the heat but. Who knows some people may legitimately click them

If your not azcrew, you cant vote. You can see the heat meters.Your voting page tells you your unauthorized to be a winger till your az crew and heres a page full of adds for trying.

Az crew can vote and see the heatmeters.

Gives new members incentive to support the site.

Mods can see the ip of who voted and make sure one persons not just trolling another if someones in the critical heat zone.

Stage 2 ofthis is ifyour thumbs up/downig someone you have to in 25 words or less explain why. Eg:
▪ nothing post
▪ obligatory 'great stuff' posts fucking everywhere
▪ im just a winey little bitch.
▪ drives a jimny
▪ didnt search for anything and posted.

☆helped me out
☆pwned someone
☆this is my other account and I bought stickers so I could vote some heat off myself

Just an idea. Have no idea on the actual feasibility..

Profile WWW  

I live here!
I live here!

Vehicle: 75 Cruiser

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:40 am 
Reply with quote Top  
If we do any mods to the site it has to be an available and suitable mod from here: https://www.phpbb.com/

There's probably a "karma" mod similar to what you mean, so you karma goes up and down.

Please note these things can take some time to actually get installed because anything we change can destroy the current forum, so we have to do a back up, then install. It's not that unusual to install something and then the forum goes all fucked up, so then you spend the next few hours/days fixing it, while getting emails and messages asking why the forum is down.

but... . If you can find a suitable mod we could try it. Sometimes we try things and if it's no good it'll be removed after everyone starts some bullshit fight about it.

Platinum Supporter
Platinum Supporter

Vehicle: 2010 jimny

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:45 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Thanks steve ill have a look and mabie poll it to gauge intrest in the idea

Profile WWW  

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: LJs, Sierra, Jimny, Swift.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:16 am 
Reply with quote Top  
IMO, it wouldn't work because people would abuse it. Eg atari would up vote all of Jakes posts so Jake posts more for more lulz. Others would down vote posts just because they have a boner for that user or someone disagreed with what they said ect. It'd just end up with valuable people posting less because people would down vote just to be cunce.

Even if it wasn't abused it's not going to help people like Jake. How many times did we tell him to stop quoting pictures? He's not going to figure out that quoting pictures is bloody annoying all by himself, and then do something about it. You can't fix retard and retard doesn't fix its self.

Besides, if someones a total retard then AZ tells them so. AZ tards are a huge part of the AZ fun anyway.

Vehicle: WT sierra, GU CRD

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:04 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
sideways wrote:
IMO, it wouldn't work because people would abuse it. Eg atari would up vote all of Jakes posts so Jake posts more for more lulz. Others would down vote posts just because they have a boner for that user or someone disagreed with what they said ect. It'd just end up with valuable people posting less because people would down vote just to be cunce.

Even if it wasn't abused it's not going to help people like Jake. How many times did we tell him to stop quoting pictures? He's not going to figure out that quoting pictures is bloody annoying all by himself, and then do something about it. You can't fix retard and retard doesn't fix its self.

Besides, if someones a total retard then AZ tells them so. AZ tards are a huge part of the AZ fun anyway.

Sideways is correct.

ThumperTalk dirtbike forum had a negative and positive feedback system several years ago, and I think getting a certain amount of neg rep got you banned. It got abused.

Having said this, it is full of window lickers who go on there solely to discuss politics (in particular it was mainly a "conservative" butt patting contest) and if you disagreed with someone in the chat section, they'd neg rep you. And in fact rarely was a good judge of who suppliez da techz in the dirt bike section.

The people with the highest rep were hardcore gay hater conservatives who never helped noobs with dirtbikes.

In the "chat" section of that site, post counts do not go up. Now the best way to get a feel for who you are dealing with is postcount and # of likes. Although, this is still not that great because lots of people answer "what bike should I buy" questions and regurgitate the same chit over and over.

AZ works good. I am surprised sometimes at the amount trolling and smart arsery sometimes for a small community though.

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: SV420+SV620 Vitara's

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:24 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
a rep system is going to get abused...

i've seen someone go from +100ish to -200ish then a mod added +999 reps & got knocked back to sub 300, poor fella had ever post - repped for months. :lol:

maybe have a spanner rating rep system in the tech section only for a trial if it's not too hard to do? limit the votes for newbs to 3 a day, 5 a day for memebers over 500 posts, should be pretty clean cut & will stop the abuse of the system a bit?

good tech/good posts/good threads: + reps
shit tech/shit posts/shit threads = - reps

Profile WWW  

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: X-90 + Lwb Sierra + DeVitt +++

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:48 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
sideways wrote:

AZ Tards .. love it :rofl: or is it AZ Atardi ? :thefinger:

also agree with Sideways :wink:

Profile WWW  

az supporter
az supporter

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:58 pm 
Reply with quote Top  

Profile WWW  

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: Suzuki GV 03/ 2010 DDIS NGV

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:04 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Yep same with miniriders forum, guys give reps to every post so they have stupid medals next to their name. Adds nothing as people abuse it unfortunately.

Suzuki's are like Mogwai's, they multiply!

Vehicle: 91 Tin Top

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:03 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Agree with Atari on the 'spanner rating' for tech.
We should be able to give thanks to those who take the time to help us out when we have a tech issue, or if they write good 'how too' threads or just generally have a go. Make it easy to see who can help and who just has 3000 posts of dribble.

As for the tards;
I recon TapaTalk has a lot to answer for with noobs not looking for answers before they post, posting in wrong threads and generally not following the rules.
I have just set it up on my phone the other week and found that it's too easy to get lost with a constant feed of updates. TapaTalk has a totally different 'feel' to using the full site and I can see how noobs would not pick up on correct ethics (for want of a better word) of this forum and how the disfunctional AZ community works.

I have no answers for why you would quote a full page of photos and add :rofl: after it....

az supporter
az supporter

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:16 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Ahhh so crapatalk turns a forum into failbook... That explains so much now, fuck it off I say. :wink:

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:53 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
A cunce meter? fantastic idea, will it have a scale of 1 - mongoloid for the user too?

Vehicle: WT sierra, GU CRD

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:15 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
bakerboy wrote:
A cunce meter ? fantastic idea, will it have a scale of 1 - mongoloid for the user too?

If it ends up being called this, I am in full support of the implementation.

But I fear people will attempt to become the largest cunce.

Jump to: