It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:45 pm
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Good Tech

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

az supporter
az supporter

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:37 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
mr_ron wrote:
OK so just to clarify, as after sitting here for a few hours reading, I'm more confused lol...
Someone please let me know if this will work lol

Rear:
-2 x Gabriel Ultra rear shock absorbers for a VK/VL station wagon, part # 69609 (not Vn/Vc ?)
-S13(180xs/silvia) rear Stock springs
--Or a 50mm spring spacer(?)
-1.5" Shock re-locator brackets

Front:
-Strut top flip
-25mm spring spacer..
--Or will a pair of GV springs work instead?

Thanks, Ron

Ron,

i run the 180sx spring with the VC/VC shocks, flex is pretty good. any more and the spring would fall out. For the front do the strut mount flip and spacers or just buy some decent springs and struts to start off (i run dobinson springs and struts, very good). You will end up buying good struts anyway. GV springs will be stiff

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: Vitara

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:39 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Ahh awesome thanks Shandy!!

Yeh Eventually I'll be going the full Calmini 3" lift kit, for now its my brothers Vit and am sorting out a quick lift for his xmas present :)

Would you happen to know the gabreil part number for the Shocks? or is it Vn wagon or sedan and I'll just get them to look it up lol.. did you have to extend your bump stops?

Cheers again. Ron

az supporter
az supporter

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:47 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
mr_ron wrote:

Yeh Eventually I'll be going the full Calmini 3" lift kit, for now its my brothers Vit and am sorting out a quick lift for his xmas present :)

Would you happen to know the gabreil part number for the Shocks? or is it Vn wagon or sedan and I'll just get them to look it up lol.. did you have to extend your bump stops?

Cheers again. Ron

oh ok no worries, nah i dont sorry. it will be in this thread somewhere tho, i think you want sedan as the wagons are to long. yeah i did, 40mm in the rear.

Vehicle: Vit swb 95

Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:35 am 
Reply with quote Top  
mr_ron wrote:

Cheers again. Ron

part numbers are
81340 - 530mm open (good for 2" lift)
81865 - 550mm open (good for 3" lift)

Im running the 3" longer shocks in rear with 2" king springs

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: Vitara

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:48 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Cheers Samwich, Yeah After further research and a scavenge of old parts from my last import. I've discovered S14 springs are very similar spring rates and are about 5cm longer then s13 springs.. so I'm going to use the Gabriel# 81865 - 550mm open, shocks a strut top flip and a 30mm spacer for the front springs and see how it sits

Vehicle: 95 vitara V6 manual.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:44 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
ninjamoses wrote:
Cheap = coil spacers, commodore shocks in the rear, strut extenders on the front, and extend the bumpstops. Factory coils so still rides nice and soft and gives you a 2" lift for a few hundred dollars.

Coil and strut spacers are in the mail but what I can make up out of a few posts on here is that there are different commo shocks you can use. We have an old dusty VL wagon in shed so would they suit the 2" lift I am about to put in ?

Vehicle: Suzuki Vitara

Post Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:07 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Afternoon All,....
Looks like this thread may have answered my question :)

Have a Vitara we use on the farm as a shooting wagon and the back has been modified with steel cage, rests,etc ....

I was trying to find a way to raise the rears about 2" and to actually make it a little stiffer if possible. (for weight in the back)

Sounds like there are a few people out there that went 2" Old man emu and ended up too stiff :) :) :),.... and exactly what I want.

Any body able to confirm if this is true for a LWB 92 vitara ?? That I should try to find OME lift springs and that they will be the stiffer than stock springs ??

Any help appreciated :) (or any other options that would fit easily and raise & stiffen the rear)

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: Pajero 91 NH 3.0 SWB

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:46 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Just looking into commo shox as they may nicely suit my new vs springs in the rear. Had to add 25mm spacer in rear to level up with the gv front springs. So an extra 25mm of down should be good. My ome shox have started to fail, but they have done very well for my 6years plus previous owners time.

Vehicle: 1997 Vit SWB j20a

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:54 am 
Reply with quote Top  
a bit of background, I got VT wagon Shocks and spring spacers... I was thinking rather than push out the bush and need to do this when the shock gets replaced again in the future.. has anyone just ground down the sleeve and changed the size of the bolt to suit the 15mm sleeve instead of pushing out the bush?

are there risks to drilling out the mount to fit?

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2022 12:08 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Bump.
My car has come with shocks i'm assuming are from a commodore...

GM
130C95 A

Is stamped down near the eye, my google foo is failing me. Can anyone shed some light?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Jump to: