It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:57 pm
Board index » Talking About Stuff » N00b Talk

Vehicle: 1996 Full Coily Sierra

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:13 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
I Currently have a 1996 full coil Sserra wanting to know what people have to in ways of front air lockers? As arb only do one to match early leaf spring vehicles and i am getting an ARB rear air locker for the vehicle. Anyone know anyone who sells a front air locker to suit or a different vehicle locker that can be shimmed ect to suit.
Cheers

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:51 am 
Reply with quote Top  
There is no locker for the front of a coil sierra. I believe someone (Sam Keck?) had a Jimny air locker machined to suit a coil sierra front housing some time ago, but that’s a big step and leaves you with 22 spline inner axles/stock CV’s which become a weak point once the front is locked.

Best bet might be to swap the front axlehousing to Jimny and then you can upgrade the axles and lock the front. Obviously this will require a matching rear axle ratio but the advantage would be slightly lower gearing 4.3/4.1 vs 3.9.

Jump to: