It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:17 am
Board index » Talking About Stuff » N00b Talk

Vehicle: suzuki jimny 06

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:57 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Hey guys,

I use to have a SJ40 which i sold for an 80 series to do more touring, now after doing 3 years on and off and now im looking at moving back into the city which calls for a zook.

Had a look at numerous sierras and decided I would need to do a m18a engine swap.

Was wondering what the best model / year would be most suited for the swap and which has power steering.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:40 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
I'm sort of going to answer your question and I'm sort of not, because I'm a bit confused about a few things.

A) do you mean Sierra (as in SJ40-SJ80) or do you mean Jimny Sierra

I ask this because an M18 swap into an SJ sierra is a very big and expensive project.

No Australian delivered SJ sierra had power steering. Most common approaches are to use Vitara power steering with a

Why do you think you need an M18 swap? From what I've seen, it's a complete nightmare, even when the starting point is an M13 powered Jimny. Starting with a Sierra would be incredibly difficult and basically require the engine, gearbox and loom from an M engined jimny AND the M18, rendering the job so expensive the cost of the Sierra tub and rails you'll put it in will be largely irrelevant.

If you are chasing a Sierra the best starting point will be any SJ70 in my opinion. You'll need a brake booster which discounts an SJ40, and widetrack axles are going to be very desirable.

Vehicle: Vitara 1994

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:43 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
shadow1 wrote:
Hey guys,

I use to have a SJ40 which i sold for an 80 series to do more touring, now after doing 3 years on and off and now im looking at moving back into the city which calls for a zook.

Had a look at numerous sierras and decided I would need to do a m18a engine swap.

Was wondering what the best model / year would be most suited for the swap and which has power steering.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you want an M18 you want a Sierra with an M13A stock.

If you want a Sierra there are many G series conversions to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jump to: