It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:37 am
Board index » Talking About Stuff » N00b Talk

Vehicle: 1995 Suzuki Sierra

Post Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:33 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Hey guys, coolants running abit low on the 1995 sierra, so thought i might do a full flush. I had a read of the owners manual which suggest golden cruiser 1200? What other high quality coolants/flushes would you suggest? also would it be worth putting a radiator leak stop at all?? Any other tips would be very much appreciated :) thanks in advance

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: Sierras!! SWB and LWB

Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:35 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Don’t really know about which ones are quality and which are crap but I tend to use Suzuki coolant. It’s not cheap but you don’t use gigalitres of it, I dilute it with distilled water and if need be I top up with a little more distilled. The really important thing is make sure you don’t mix different types of coolant, stick with one.

As far as stop leak, have you got a leak in the radiator? If not I’d suggest to leave it be. If there is then I’d look at repairing or replacing the radiator. Stop leak can be very useful for trying to get home or to a repairer if the radiator was to spring a leak in an inconvenient place and need to get somewhere but personally I wouldn’t use it as a permanent fix, that’s just my opinion and others may disagree. Radiators aren’t expensive (I wouldn’t bother with an eBay alloy piece of crap myself) and really are a pretty important item in the scheme of things.

Also if you’re going to flush the system at home with the garden hose make sure you get all the tap water out. It will corrode like a bugger!! I tend to fill with distilled water alone, run the motor, drop it from the bottom radiator hose, repeat the process and then fill with coolant/distilled. Distilled water doesn’t cost much but cooling system components aren’t cheap.

Jump to: