It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:49 pm
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Street Suzukis

Vehicle: XL-7 (gone) + Kizashi

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:46 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
bakerboy wrote:

Yeah, I drive a forester haha I wouldn't call that an SUV IMO, still a wagon with a decent ride height, turbo version is fun too

I just bought a Ford Kuga, so very much the same. It's my first auto- perhaps proof I'm getting old? :(

I discounted the Forester for a couple of reasons- 6 monthly services, no rear A/C outlets and the CVT (although Subaru's CVT's seem very good.)

If I bought a Vitara it would be as a second vehicle/ daily runabout. The turbo engine would just be to inject a bit of fun into the purchase. (We live in a hilly area and I hate under powered vehicles.)

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:07 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
murcod wrote:
bakerboy wrote:

Yeah, I drive a forester haha I wouldn't call that an SUV IMO, still a wagon with a decent ride height, turbo version is fun too

I just bought a Ford Kuga, so very much the same. It's my first auto- perhaps proof I'm getting old? :(

I discounted the Forester for a couple of reasons- 6 monthly services, no rear A/C outlets and the CVT (although Subaru's CVT's seem very good.)

If I bought a Vitara it would be as a second vehicle/ daily runabout. The turbo engine would just be to inject a bit of fun into the purchase. (We live in a hilly area and I hate under powered vehicles.)

I got the SH XT, before the CVT was a thing, mine doesn't have rear AC but later years did. Service interval isn't a concern IMO, it's still way cheaper than having to replace parts on the paj all the time haha

Vehicle: 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara V6

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:29 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Suzuki don't have anything I want anymore :-(

Cheers,

Jack.

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:25 am 
Reply with quote Top  
bakerboy wrote:
murcod wrote:
bakerboy wrote:

I got the SH XT, before the CVT was a thing, mine doesn't have rear AC but later years did. Service interval isn't a concern IMO, it's still way cheaper than having to replace parts on the paj all the time haha

No according to this review they still don't have rear vents http://www.motoring.com.au/subaru-fores ... ew-101442/

Quote:
The one shortcoming is its lack of adjustable vents to service passengers in the rear.

The Outback has them, but it's a very large vehicle.

az supporter
az supporter

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:19 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Has anyone driven the turbo version new Vit yet? I'm thinking about one for the wife too.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:14 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
There are a few reviews around on Aussie sites eg. http://www.caradvice.com.au/435575/2016 ... bo-review/ , http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews ... rive-40823 , http://www.whichcar.com.au/car-reviews/ ... ara-review

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:29 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
BTW going by the published performance figures the turbo only appears to bring the performance up to average levels for that type of vehicle eg. they're quoting 0-100km/h in 9.5 seconds. (A Mazda CX-3 with it's 2.0l engine is supposed to do it in under 9 seconds. http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews ... test-39050 )

Hopefully in gear acceleration would be decent and should surpass a comparable N/A engine?

Jump to: