It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:27 pm
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Trailers and Camping

Vehicle: Carless

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:43 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Firstly. hi long time no posts it seems for me been doing a fair amount of fishing and add my cert 3 course work for ICT aka tech support alot of places i used to post ive gone dark on.

Now onto the main topic: Im looking for a camper that can be towet by a sierra hence the question: do i buy a lightweight pod trailer or tear drop and add what i want OR do i build a trailer and learn to weld so i can have something light weight and know what is being used for building it.

Im looking at a tear drop as they seem to be both light and have plently of sleeping room with a built in kitchen that is a big plus since i dont want to unpack at a site to find i forgot something even with a check list im prone to forgetting something important.

Thanks for any advice given.

Vehicle: 1993 Suzuki Sierra 1.3 SWB

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:18 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
If you want a small lightweight camper, easy to tow, small footprint, have a look at some of the motorcycle camper trailers that are available, some of the are basic and others are fully equipped, it depends on what you want. Most people want a "normal" generic car tow behind, you might be surprised by what the motorcyclists tow.

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: Sierras!! SWB and LWB

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:13 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Also dig up Mr Rocky’s thread on the one he built. Looked great and worked well, he used the rear end of a Sierra so it looked perfect beside the Sierra

Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:25 am 
Reply with quote Top  
bumstein wrote:
Also dig up Mr Rocky’s thread on the one he built. Looked great and worked well, he used the rear end of a Sierra so it looked perfect beside the Sierra

Ive looked and cant spot it maybe he will have to chime in with the link since my search skills havent showen it

Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:58 am 
Reply with quote Top  
barbender wrote:
If you want a small lightweight camper, easy to tow, small footprint, have a look at some of the motorcycle camper trailers that are available, some of the are basic and others are fully equipped, it depends on what you want. Most people want a "normal" generic car tow behind, you might be surprised by what the motorcyclists tow.

Yea just need something small that i can fit some gear in and track about with offroad and on sand.

Mostly needs to fit this my main fishing gear (yes i carry extra reels since i can change them faster then redoing line if need be because the alveys showen are 1:1 ratio) with a jerrycan of water or spare fuel depending on where im going.

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: Sierras!! SWB and LWB

Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:38 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Search Aquaman LWB and it’s on the last page or so. Screenshot

Jump to: