It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:29 pm
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Shep's Jeep Corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Vehicle: WT sierra, GU CRD

Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:38 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
shep wrote:
Marko_SJ wrote:
He mentions having 200kw a lot so I think it's safe to day its not the CRD.

I agree though, even though the little diesels dont have big numbers on paper they still drive nice... especially with an AUTO.

My wrangler is the pentastar petrol and the wagon is a ecoboost diesel. Would love the ecoboost and 8 speed in my
wrangler 600nm and a 8 speed box is a lot of fun

Yes, I forgot you had the Cherokee.

Just looked up the Wrangler diesel, did you drive it? Jeep says it has around 500nm so I think it would be easily as enjoyable as the V6?

Vehicle: A manly awesome man jimny

Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:36 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
There are no diesel JL wranglers in aust yet plus I am not keen on the 2.2 multi jet diesel, would prefer another pentastar V6

Vehicle: WT sierra, GU CRD

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:55 am 
Reply with quote Top  
shep wrote:
There are no diesel JL wranglers in aust yet plus I am not keen on the 2.2 multi jet diesel, would prefer another pentastar V6

Sorry was looking at the outgoing JK model. The JLs look good actually. Not sure if I could stomach a 2.2D either.

Vehicle: Vitara 1994

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:32 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Meh 3.6 is proven and works well. The JL is good, but no need to trade in the JK for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:58 am 
Reply with quote Top  
vet 180 wrote:
Meh 3.6 is proven and works well. The JL is good, but no need to trade in the JK for it.

Yeah I agree except I need the extra room that a 4 door has. If I could find a jk rubicon in outstanding condition I would buy it.
In Australia there still isn’t any JL’s available and there have been no new JK rubicons for well over 2 years

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:44 am 
Reply with quote Top  
shep wrote:
vet 180 wrote:

Yeah I agree except I need the extra room that a 4 door has. If I could find a jk rubicon in outstanding condition I would buy it.
In Australia there still isn’t any JL’s available and there have been no new JK rubicons for well over 2 years

You should just buy my JK's what I'm selling red 07 and 08 black jku crd auto lots of work done and you get two for the price of one

And to Sweeten the deal I'll chuck in a lj20 if the price is right and help drive them up to NT

Vehicle: Vitara 1994

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:09 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
shep wrote:
vet 180 wrote:

Fair enough. I would only buy a 4 door also.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:28 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
dougies_tx5turbo wrote:
shep wrote:
vet 180 wrote:

You should just buy my JK's what I'm selling red 07 and 08 black jku crd auto lots of work done and you get two for the price of one

And to Sweeten the deal I'll chuck in a lj20 if the price is right and help drive them up to NT

I would be keen on a lj20 but need newish cars for what I do and the maintenance that I don’t do :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:33 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
vet 180 wrote:
shep wrote:
vet 180 wrote:

Fair enough. I would only buy a 4 door also.

I am half thinking I might even wait for a gladiator, was reading about it a couple of days ago and this bit sounds awesome.

The other choice set to be sold in Australia is a 3.0-litre turbo-diesel V6, producing 195kW and a healthy 660Nm of torque - class-leading outputs by a sizeable margin.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:22 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Bit of an update. Wrangler developed pretty bad misfire and started throwing CEL due to misfire, seeing as the plugs were 35000km passed recommended replacement I thought I better stick new ones in.
$40 for one plug from repco or $60aud for all 6 from rockauto. :roll:
Drives like new again.
It’s nearly at 150000km and still drives and goes well, still on the original brake pads. Getting it ready for another
1/2 lap of OZ so might put new hoses etc on it if I get time.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

az supporter
az supporter

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:42 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Yep Rockauto are great. I have a Holden Rodeo as a tow car for the zook and I needed new O2 Sensors. I got 2 x gen Denso (gen ones that Holden supply) ones from them for $36.08 each (Aus). Yep, $36 each + $35 Fedex postage. Holden were $281.00 EACH.
Paid for them on a Sun arvo, got them delivered to work 4 days later. Quicker than I normally get stuff from Melb.

Another example is I might replace the EGR valve soon. Holden want $500 for one. This site, (Same brand as I checked the gen part number off the Rodeo) is $77.00.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Jump to: