It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:54 pm
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Suzuki Talk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 718 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
Poll: Do You Rate and Reccomend The Chinese Air Lockers

Yes 59%  59%  [ 44 ]
No 41%  41%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 75

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: SV420+SV620 Vitara's

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:28 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
NotNormal wrote:
A little bit of risk vs benefit comes in here.

In my ignorance I bought Roo Lites, I am very happy with them, but I now realise they are a knock off of Lightforce. Lightforce is a US company, and if the lights bugger up, no biggie, I can still get home. A broken diff and you are out of action.

I'm pretty sure Lightforce is Australian owned & manufactured.

Profile WWW  

az supporter
az supporter

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:31 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Kermy87 wrote:
Rhino wrote:
Kermy87 wrote:
genuine arb is $1100 alone no hardware or comp,

What do you mean by no hardware?

I got my arb locker from lowrange over in the states and it came to just over $900 to my door.

no hardware, ,,, no pressure ,hoses switches, compressor ect,, I got a quote from arb I think everything hoses switches compressor not fitted was like $1500

The ARB Air Locker comes with ALL hardware to fit it including switch, solenoid & air line, so I'm not sure where your getting that info, the only thing that doesn't come with the locker is the compressor & wiring loom.

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:33 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Jccck wrote:
royce wrote:
Soo how do ARB, TJM, Lightforce etc design new products? its costs a shit load in time and experimental items to come up with a new product that does what its supposed to do, the Chinese jsut stick it all in a copy machine and pump em out

Would you be ok working for free? cause tis the only way they might be able to keep designing stuff

Don't be naive, we all know their junk is overpriced.
Especially the spotlights, there's many good brands that don't cost anywhere near what Lightforce do.
R&D costs money, sure.. Good on 'em for discovering a bit of reshaped C section with some uprights and black paint makes a good bull bar.
I could've told them that

Problem is, there isn't enough competition for that clean style of bullbar for them to warrant having a competitive price, and because of this, they can charge whatever they like.

Ever been in your own financed business, I have, spent over half a mill on R&D, got things up and running, only to be told $15 per item was too much, so we bartered, sold first order for $5 each, he put them on the shelf for $55

I spoke to him of this, his reply, "I have overheads you know, shop lease, electricity, you have no idea what its like."

You sound a lot like that man. How long do you think the engineers took to come up with an airlocker, a quick lunch down the pub an a few tinnys after work, a few days, a week, or years of very expensive R&D that has to be recouped.

Like I sed earlier, my only gripe is being able to buy an ozzy product cheaper from the states than at home.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:34 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
atari4x4 wrote:
NotNormal wrote:

In my ignorance I bought Roo Lites, I am very happy with them, but I now realise they are a knock off of Lightforce. Lightforce is a US company, and if the lights bugger up, no biggie, I can still get home. A broken diff and you are out of action.

Useless information.

Point is, why are we paying top $ for products that aren't ANY better than their "cheap knockoff" competitors, just because of the sticker on the box?

And as far as ARB supplying the US cheaper than us.. It's kinda understandable, think of the bulk they'd be buying
But for Lowrange to be able to get them, sell them back to us.. And we still save hundreds? Wtf.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:38 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
atari4x4 wrote:
Kermy87 wrote:
Rhino wrote:
Kermy87 wrote:
genuine arb is $1100 alone no hardware or comp,

What do you mean by no hardware?

I got my arb locker from lowrange over in the states and it came to just over $900 to my door.

no hardware, ,,, no pressure ,hoses switches, compressor ect,, I got a quote from arb I think everything hoses switches compressor not fitted was like $1500

The ARB Air Locker comes with ALL hardware to fit it including switch, solenoid & air line, so I'm not sure where your getting that info, the only thing that doesn't come with the locker is the compressor & wiring loom.

that's wat the bloke at arb told me, he gave me a price on the locker itself and just kept adding on extras, maybe I mis heard him but the list of shit just kept getting longer

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:42 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
SuziBlu wrote:
Ever been in your own financed business, I have, spent over half a mill on R&D, got things up and running, only to be told $15 per item was too much, so we bartered, sold first order for $5 each, he put them on the shelf for $55

I spoke to him of this, his reply, "I have overheads you know, shop lease, electricity, you have no idea what its like."

You sound a lot like that man. How long do you think the engineers took to come up with an airlocker, a quick lunch down the pub an a few tinnys after work, a few days, a week, or years of very expensive R&D that has to be recouped.

Like I sed earlier, my only gripe is being able to buy an ozzy product cheaper from the states than at home.

I sound nothing like that man, and if he said $15 was too much, then put them up for $55.. I'd tell him to go to hell
Reread my posts.
You cannot simply put a price SO high, because you would otherwise lose money on it
Efficiency is everything, and if you can't cut it.. Get out of the industry.

I'm a drafty, i work with Engineers every day.
Some projects take YEARS to get from the planning stage, to the start of production
Do you know why we're such a successful company? Why we are well regarded in the area? Why we score so many big contracts?
Because we provide a better product than the competition, for a better price.
And i can't wait for the day, a business pops up to swallow ARB's market.
With better products, at 50-75% of their price.

Cmon Fatzook, get to it lol :D

az supporter
az supporter

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:54 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Jccck wrote:
atari4x4 wrote:
NotNormal wrote:

Useless information.

That's a bit rich coming from you. :wink:

Sorry, I was just trying to let him know that it's an Australian product.

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:57 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
atari4x4 wrote:
Jccck wrote:
atari4x4 wrote:
NotNormal wrote:

Useless information.

That's a bit rich coming from you. :wink:

Haha, that was below the belt! 8O

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:09 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Jccck wrote:
SuziBlu wrote:

I sound nothing like that man, and if he said $15 was too much, then put them up for $55.. I'd tell him to go to hell
Reread my posts.
You cannot simply put a price SO high, because you would otherwise lose money on it
Efficiency is everything, and if you can't cut it.. Get out of the industry.

Some projects take YEARS to get from the planning stage, to the start of production
Do you know why we're such a successful company? Why we are well regarded in the area? Why we score so many big contracts?
And i can't wait for the day, a business pops up to swallow ARB's market.
With better products, at 50-75% of their price.

Cmon Fatzook, get to it lol :D

My wife at the time decided that I was to no longer handle the complaints department, when he told me he had overheads rararaaa, I told him to punch it up his arse and never ring us again.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:13 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
SuziBlu wrote:
My wife at the time decided that I was to no longer handle the complaints department, when he told me he had overheads rararaaa, I told him to punch it up his arse and never ring us again.

See, that's the attitude i like!

omnipotent being
omnipotent being

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:17 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Here we go again, the jooooooke thinks he knows it all but just talks total and utter bullshit again

If ARB didnt make the stuff to begin with what would the chinese copy?

If Lightforce (Austrlalian and I know the Bloke in Charge) didnt design the stuff to begin with what would they copy to make roo lights?

You all fuckin blabber on about profit margins, how do you know thats the margin? any of you have any idea what margin is applied to other stuff? Just about any service item or part you buy for you car is at least 40%, even with what you think is trade price :roll:

They put that much markup on shit cause thats what it costs to deliver in the manner they chose to deliver it, yeah sure they could save some money if they did it US style and everyone ordered online from a faceless warehouse in the middle of nowhere where they dont have to pay the Mexicans sticking the address labels on fuck all but here they chose to do it with fancy shops and well dressed staff, it all costs more, combined with lower volumes they have to stick more on

Jcccccck if its so easy to make the stuff, where is the competition? there is none because the companies have looked at teh real costs and decided its not worth it, you reckon your the fuckin guru in shit, step up and start producing stuff

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:20 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
royce wrote:
They put that much markup on shit cause thats what it costs to deliver in the manner they chose to deliver it, yeah sure they could save some money if they did it US style and everyone ordered online from a faceless warehouse in the middle of nowhere where they dont have to pay the Mexicans sticking the address labels on fuck all but here they chose to do it with fancy shops and well dressed staff, it all costs more, combined with lower volumes they have to stick more on

So that's where you took all the mexicans you kidnapped to?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:24 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
atari4x4 wrote:

Thanks :) I only did a quick google and of course it found the US site, when I actually went there it had "Australian made" all over it. :oops:

I feel very hypocritical in saying "avoid pirates" yet when it came down to it I bought RooLites (Not sure if they are pirated), at the time I assumed buying in a store that they were ok - unlike a direct import like Chinasoong - I obviously need to do more research!

Given the chance to act differently - I don't know what I would do with lights. For diffs, I wouldn't do the import. But then this is my daily driver and I tend to go bush alone.

az supporter
az supporter

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:55 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Jccck wrote:
royce wrote:
Soo how do ARB, TJM, Lightforce etc design new products? its costs a shit load in time and experimental items to come up with a new product that does what its supposed to do, the Chinese jsut stick it all in a copy machine and pump em out

Would you be ok working for free? cause tis the only way they might be able to keep designing stuff

Especially the spotlights, there's many good brands that don't cost anywhere near what Lightforce do.
R&D costs money, sure.. Good on 'em for discovering a bit of reshaped C section with some uprights and black paint makes a good bull bar.

Problem is, there isn't enough competition for that clean style of bullbar for them to warrant having a competitive price, and because of this, they can charge whatever they like.

Ive been holding back saying this for a while but its giving me the shits now, Jcck you are the dumbest mother fucker I have ever had the misfortune of coming across and what makes it worse is you are even too fucking stupid to realise when your wrong.
do the world a favor and shoot yourself before you bread

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:57 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
ajsr wrote:
Jccck wrote:
royce wrote:

Ive been holding back saying this for a while but its giving me the shits now, Jcck you are the dumbest mother fucker I have ever had the misfortune of coming across and what makes it worse is you are even too fucking stupid to realise when your wrong.

Breed*
Atleast i can spell buddy.

az supporter
az supporter

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:59 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
I suppose you had to have something going for you somewhere :wink:

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: '92 Sierra

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:23 am 
Reply with quote Top  
What's with all the slanging matches lately guys? I'm not defending anyone or abusing anyone but it would be nice if we could just get back to the tech related responses with the odd joke thrown in.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:27 am 
Reply with quote Top  
jccck........

i don't say this very often but you are a dickhead. you rave on about costings etc etc etc and how easy it must be to make stuff, and yet you know very little IF anything about the processes involved.

i would take you more seriously if you put something to take seriously on the table. i don't even take you as a suzuki type person as your vehicle would have to be one of the most poorly built shitters i have seen in a long time...and that alone will atest to what sort of money you are willing to spend on something!

i am in no way defending any of the companies that have been mentioned here, done that before and it just goes in one ear and out of the other. it would just be nice if someone like yourself would contribute with usefull industry facts rather than dribble more shit than a politition on the piss.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 am 
Reply with quote Top  
lets get back on track here...

So pros of the chinese air lockers are:
Cheaper

the con's of the chinese air lockers are:
Taking profits from companies that do R&D

is there anything i've missed in the last 2 pages?

az supporter
az supporter

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:41 am 
Reply with quote Top  
lordfury007 wrote:
lets get back on track here...

So pros of the chinese air lockers are:
Cheaper

the con's of the chinese air lockers are:
Taking profits from companies that do R&D

is there anything i've missed in the last 2 pages?

The quality. Nobody here has first hand experience of one in a zook in a working environment. Even mine's only going to be run on 31s so you are taking a risk buying the knock off as you may be out a diff. As somebody already mentioned it's weighing up the risk to reward. I've got no doubt that they aren't made as well as an ARB item. The question is whether or not they're made well enough to handle the stress put through a suzi driveline.

I'm the slowest worker in the history of suzi modifiers so I dare say a couple other people are going to be using them before I get my rig back in the tracks.

Vehicle: Awesome!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:44 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Hybrid wrote:
I'm the slowest worker in the history of suzi modifiers so I dare say a couple other people are going to be using them before I get my rig back in the tracks.

Slowest?? I think you, Damo and fatzook should race with you snail buildups :P

Any sort of ETA till you get it in? (or is that what she says?) :wink:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:45 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Jccck wrote:

Well my friend, you can also look forward to the day when all your local clients replace your company with outsourced drafties who work for $5.00 per hour or less and probably do a better job.

Truth be known, I reckon;

1) If your boss read the crap you've written on here, he would probably regret hiring you.

2) If half the tradies/engineers you work with read this they would probably like to give you a damn good hiding.

Do some of us here a favour and take the Newcastle reference of your location, its fucking embarrassing.

Geoff

Last edited by squizzytaylor on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

az supporter
az supporter

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:49 am 
Reply with quote Top  
JrZook wrote:
Hybrid wrote:

Slowest?? I think you, Damo and fatzook should race with you snail buildups :P

Any sort of ETA till you get it in? (or is that what she says?) :wink:

I know I'm beating Damo. I've been through two different builds since his one haha. It's actually in right now. You can come check it out if you like. The problem being I can't test it with no engine in the zook. I have to have it built for February so I'm hoping to get most of the work done by xmas. I've only tested it with the shop compressor. I don't think me turning the wheel by hand while it's locked is simulating the stresses on it while driving :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:52 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Hybrid,,, do you kno if they make a front locker aswell. I had a look but couldn't find one??

az supporter
az supporter

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:58 am 
Reply with quote Top  
ouch now thats a kick in the nuts jccck.
who is this special company that has such low opinion of themselves that they put a tool like you on their books????
just so I know who not to give any future draftsman work to :wink:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:03 am 
Reply with quote Top  
ajsr wrote:
Jccck wrote:
royce wrote:

I never knew you could be so eloquent. An here I was thinking your just a dumb business owner.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:04 am 
Reply with quote Top  
squizzytaylor wrote:
Do some of here a favour and take the Newcastle reference of your location, its fucking embarrassing.

Done, now residing at...

omnipotent being
omnipotent being

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:12 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Jccck wrote:

Did you design this, I see some similarities
You provide a service that nobody else can be fucked with, to customers who dont give a fuck about what it costs!

Ive probably still got some contacts in your Brisbane office, dealt with them for many a year, or should I jsut give Samantha a call and let her know what you get up to on company time?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by royce on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:18 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Tell us jccck, were you heel/toeing when you messed this up??

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=2258471

3rd post down.

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: SJ51 LWB, SJ70 SWB

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:29 am 
Reply with quote Top  
squizzytaylor wrote:
Tell us jccck, were you heel/toeing when you messed this up??

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=2258471

3rd post down.

Link fail...

I wanna see Jcck Fail :( :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 718 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next

Jump to: