It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:46 pm
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Suzuki Talk

Vehicle: 2006 suzuki jimny

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:02 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
The last 2 days i have noticed this like winding noise hard to describe but it doesnt make this noise when idling or when car is stationary everything sounds fine, but when i get up to about 50-60km i can start to hear an unusual noise abit like something is winding up as i accelerate then when i put my foot of the accelerator the winding noise eases,
I can only hear the noise when im in the car with the windows up i cant hear it outside the car.
When i put the clutch in and out the sound is still there and the sound is also still there if i put it into neutral and coast along. I have a 2006 vvt jimny with 86000kms

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:06 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
The noise only is noticable once i go faster and the car is moving,the noise isnt there at all if im stationary and just increase the engine revs, the car has to be moving for it to make a noise??

Vehicle: Carless

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:09 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Could be a wheel bearing becoming shot im not sure if those have a uni joint or not but if so could be those somewhere along the line.

Vehicle: Suzuki Jimny

Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:47 am 
Reply with quote Top  
I had a noise that ended up being the front free wheeling hubs. I could get the noise to disappear for a short time by engaging 4WD and then disengaging. Pulled them off, stripped and cleaned and very lightly greased. Noise gone. These were the factory vacuum hubs.

Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:40 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Thanks for the ideas i just wanted to have an idea as to what it may be took it to mechanics this morning hes having a look , he said it may just be a driveline bearing somewhere he is having a look for me

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:15 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
So its booked in at the mechanics he said its the transfer case thats making all that noise and it needs to be rebuilt he is going to double check it all when he work on it but hes pretty positive thats the issue, and he also found another noise which seems to be coming from the AC pulley. The bearing squeeking whilst running. Is the ac bearing pulley something that a home diyer can do?? Can u buy the pulley and the bearing allreading in or do i have to remove the old one and install a new bearing? Or is it easier to just get my mechanic to do it. Im just trying to save some money if possible lol

Jump to: