auszookers.com
http://auszookers.com/forum/

Demisting
http://auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17772
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Che [ Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:16 am ]
Post subject:  Demisting

Alright Queenslanders... we're all facing the same problem here. I got a towel in the car next to me wipe away the condensation off the windscreen, but it's a 5 minute solution and then i'm driving blind again. Anything else I should try for a better view?

Author:  royce [ Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Demisting

turn the demister on?

rainex antifog is not bad, keep topping it up though

Author:  Che [ Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Demisting

My fan blows every direction but up.... PITA mofo thing. Another thing for the fixit list

Author:  royce [ Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Demisting

stick your head under the dash and look at how the demist works, youll see where teh flap needs to be to make it work and the cable is easy to adjust

Author:  Chop [ Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Demisting

Clean windows are the key to not having fogged up glass! And that means not touching them, with a finger or anything greasy. Infact just dont touch the glass with anything :wink:

Author:  stockman [ Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Demisting

Take the windscreen out?

Author:  TZAR [ Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Demisting

a/c blowing on the glass

two seconds and the moisture is gone

Author:  Chop [ Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Demisting

TZAR wrote:
a/c blowing on the glass

two seconds and the moisture is gone


hehehehe :lol:

Author:  christover1 [ Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Demisting

In my Sierra I carried a window cleaning squeegie,
great demister, great for de mudding and cleaning lights after a trip, and before going back onto main roads. It was velcroed to the dash, handy for lots of cold mountain trips.

In the Vit, I turn on a/c and the electric rear window demister.
And the Vit lets a bit less water in too, which helps.

Author:  Che [ Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Demisting

Squeegy. Awesome idea... for the time being it'll work anyway

Author:  inbits [ Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Demisting

I'm facing the same problem in the vit ATM a/c ain't working so heater on and windows cracked is working
Anyone know Ana/c place open over Chrissy

Author:  Teracis [ Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Demisting

che_guitarra wrote:
Alright Queenslanders... we're all facing the same problem here. I got a towel in the car next to me wipe away the condensation off the windscreen, but it's a 5 minute solution and then i'm driving blind again. Anything else I should try for a better view?


Wind down the window. Wind it back up when you can see again, rinse repeat.

Seriously though, I get next to no extra water in the sierra driving around with the drivers window down, it leaks bad enough anyway (I should work out where from but it's too wet) and it drips on my right foot, pretty much off the fuse panel under the dash...

It does look like it's slowed down for the day though.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/