| auszookers.com http://auszookers.com/forum/ |
|
| Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide http://auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1864 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Damo [ Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
Hi everyone Calling anyone with a 1.6 EFI Vitara or X-90, or Sierra's with EFI engine conversions! I've been putting together some information for myself, sort of a guide to Suzuki EFI, I've only been looking at g16 stuff so far, both throttle body and multi point injection. What I need is some more info on various models. You see, it seems there are a few different variants of each type and this makes it difficult when doing a conversion into a Sierra. I was hoping that there are a few guys out there in the SE Qld area that would be able to help out putting together this guide. It would be posted on this board for all to access. SO, if you have a multi point or throttle body injected g16 (a or b doesnt matter) or even a g13 for that matter, can you put you hand up so we can compare notes? |
|
| Author: | royce [ Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
I do in the vit what bits and pieces do you plan on adding? like a list of part numbers for major components? I have noticed that most of the freely available manuals are totally different to what I have, which makes trouble shooting a PITA |
|
| Author: | Damo [ Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
royce wrote: I have noticed that most of the freely available manuals are totally different to what I have, which makes trouble shooting a PITA I'm in EXACTLY the same boat, as are a lot of people I imagine. I think it's because the wiring is slightly different between markets, and those manuals you speak of are for overseas markets. Not to mention there are multiple variants of the same thing even in the one market, eg. Australia. In any case, this is exactly the reason I want to put together this information. Considering this, it is pretty important we know where the engine came from. Easy if the engine is in a Vit, but perhaps not so easy if it's already been swapped into a Sierra, and you don't know anything about the donor. royce wrote: I do in the vit
what bits and pieces do you plan on adding? like a list of part numbers for major components? I'll be approaching it like i'm writing "The Idiot's Guide to Swapping a G16 Into a Sierra". Mainly because if this idiot can understand it then anyone should be able to |
|
| Author: | royce [ Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
how about a basic teamplate for those that have it either factory or in a good conversion to list component part numbers IE ECU airflow meter TPS ICS and so on so those that are missing bits can look it up to see what model they need to find and also get troubleshooting help with things like what voltage do you see at this time and so on will be interested to see the megasquirt info too, specially piggybacked on the factory ECU |
|
| Author: | Damo [ Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
royce wrote: how about a basic teamplate for those that have it either factory or in a good conversion to list component part numbers
IE ECU airflow meter TPS ICS and so on so those that are missing bits can look it up to see what model they need to find and also get troubleshooting help with things like what voltage do you see at this time and so on will be interested to see the megasquirt info too, specially piggybacked on the factory ECU Yep that's not a bad idea Royce. I hadn't thought of pigybacking a megasquirt, i'll look into that too. |
|
| Author: | Damo [ Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
Just putting this back up top for anyone else to see. I still need info! On the Vit/Megasquirt front i've got a new idea. What i'll be doing with my 16v in the Sierra is installing it with the stock ECU and later down the track building an adapter that will plug into the Megasquirt and allow my to plug the stock loom straight into that, kinda like the patch looms Haltech does for Evos & stuff. BUT mine will be all built into the zook ECU case. Plug & play programmable ECU THis week I got a donor ECU board to rat the connector socket from. Interestingly some model Magnas use the same sockets. From some reading I have done some Subarus should too.
|
|
| Author: | royce [ Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
looks very EF falconish too wonder what all the blank bits are for? factory v12 quad turbo vitaras? |
|
| Author: | Damo [ Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
There are a bunch of components missing because this one has been cannibalised for parts Are we doing a quad turbo V12 for your buggy??? |
|
| Author: | royce [ Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
how about 4 engines lined up to make a v16 and use 4 cyls for onboard air? |
|
| Author: | steve [ Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
oo look , you broke the thread |
|
| Author: | royce [ Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
it was broken from teh start, perhaps I need to raise a fault ticket with the background tech dude |
|
| Author: | steve [ Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
i reckon the tech dude might just delete the thread, "all fixed" |
|
| Author: | royce [ Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
I have a feeling he is trying to pad it over to teh next page |
|
| Author: | steve [ Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
possibly.... he might wait til no one's looking in two months and delete it then. |
|
| Author: | royce [ Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
I tried moving it and moving it back, best I can come up with |
|
| Author: | steve [ Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
wow that's wierd, i fixed it it was Damos fault |
|
| Author: | Damo [ Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
steve wrote: wow that's wierd, i fixed it
it was Damos fault I'm sure it was Royce's fault, but if I blame him i'll get banned |
|
| Author: | joeblow [ Mon May 12, 2008 2:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
got all 1.6 efi and 2 litre stuff on factory suzuki cd rom.... |
|
| Author: | Damo [ Mon May 12, 2008 11:21 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
joeblow wrote: got all 1.6 efi and 2 litre stuff on factory suzuki cd rom....
Well that would make it rather easy |
|
| Author: | joeblow [ Tue May 13, 2008 1:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
from what i've looked at and worked with they cover all markets. |
|
| Author: | basketcase [ Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
I have just cooked my engine. Will be fixing that in the near future and want to chuck fuel injection on when it goes back together. What should I be looking for? I have sorced a throttle body from a TBI set up, but still all the wiring ect ect...... Can some put it all in really simple terms what I would need to do a complete conversion. Nothing fancy either, just a basic set up. As well as the throttle body I would assume I need AFM Wiring loom Computer, can I just go after market or do I need a stock one too??? High pressure fuel pump O2 sensor What else?? |
|
| Author: | royce [ Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
if you have the TBI unit and nothign else I would look around on somewhere like boostcruising for a computer with built in map sensor to run it, then the only other sensors youll need will be coolant temp and maybe airtemp from something generic like a commodore fuel pump as per other threads, in tank or with a surge tank dont need an 02 sensor but it the computer will do closed loop than yes |
|
| Author: | Hybrid [ Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
royce wrote: if you have the TBI unit and nothign else I would look around on somewhere like boostcruising for a computer with built in map sensor to run it, then the only other sensors youll need will be coolant temp and maybe airtemp from something generic like a commodore
fuel pump as per other threads, in tank or with a surge tank dont need an 02 sensor but it the computer will do closed loop than yes I agree with Royce with regard to the ECU with inbuilt MAP. I'm running TBI with an aftermarket computer. If you have the G16 TBI including the inlet manifold then the coolant and intake air temp sensors are already fitted to the manifold. |
|
| Author: | Hybrid [ Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Let's make a Suzuki EFI guide |
This might help.....or hinder.... |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 9:30 hours |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group https://www.phpbb.com/ |
|