| auszookers.com http://auszookers.com/forum/ |
|
| fixing the chassis http://auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23032 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | TheRealCJ [ Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | fixing the chassis |
So I guess I had an accident in which my Vitara confessed to preferring alternate lifestyles and attempted to bum a Hilux, luckily it had an alloy condom on. Haha, jokes, but here's the problem: rather than just shearing the bolts or tearing out the alloy mounting holes on the bar itself, two of bolt holes in the chassis itself have been torn right out, looks pretty nasty. How easy is it to fix those holes? I haven't had the chance to take the bar off and inspect the damage properly, but it looks like a couple of chunks have been taken out from the holes back. Is it simply a matter of welding up the damage and re drilling the holes? Or is it something that's harder to fix? Edit: So I've been informed that it's the chassis, not the subframe. Thanks for that guys. |
|
| Author: | atari4x4 [ Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: fixing the subframe |
it's not a subframe, that's the chassis & pics would be good. |
|
| Author: | Fatzook [ Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: fixing the subframe |
pics. |
|
| Author: | TheRealCJ [ Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:56 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: fixing the subframe |
Yeah, gonna get some pics up as soon as I can |
|
| Author: | TheRealCJ [ Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:09 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: fixing the chassis |
Sorry for the dodgy pics guys, but unfortunately I can't take off the bar until I have more time. This is the right-hand mount, the bolt is gone
Aaaand the left mount, you can see where the bolt has torn through the chassis behind the bar.
|
|
| Author: | Fatzook [ Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:39 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: fixing the chassis |
Take the bar off and bring it over. |
|
| Author: | TheRealCJ [ Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: fixing the chassis |
Yeah? I'll have to organise a time, I'm working until the weekend. Let me know when you're available. |
|
| Author: | TheRealCJ [ Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: fixing the chassis |
Here's some better pictures guys, now that the bullbar is off.
|
|
| Author: | ajsr [ Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: fixing the chassis |
looks pretty easy, but take a pic from a couple of feet back, and from above |
|
| Author: | shandy92 [ Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: fixing the chassis |
TheRealCJ wrote: Here's some better pictures guys, now that the bullbar is off.
![]() ![]() wow, shows that those mounting points really are not strong, shouldn't be that hard to fix with mr fat at hand. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 9:30 hours |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group https://www.phpbb.com/ |
|