auszookers.com
http://auszookers.com/forum/

Has anyone here got a Vitara auto in their Sierra?
http://auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2792
Page 1 of 1

Author:  twitchy [ Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Has anyone here got a Vitara auto in their Sierra?

What mods do you need to put an auto in a sierra?? This is to be a street driven jobbie not just a mud pig.
so if anyone can give me the details of what is needed with little crap like speedo cables & what are the switches on the auto box for?? (4speed auto)

thanks in advance. 8O

Author:  joeblow [ Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Has anyone here got a Vitara auto in their Sierra?

which auto? the crappy gm 3 speed or the 4 speed electronics from the efi vits?

Author:  twitchy [ Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Has anyone here got a Vitara auto in their Sierra?

O.K. Just made a phone call & it appears I have been shafted. My bad for not researching it beforehand!!!!!!!!!!

Author:  lump_a_charcoal [ Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Has anyone here got a Vitara auto in their Sierra?

Lets say the 4 speed - I have been thinking of using one when I swap engines later on...

Author:  basketcase [ Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Has anyone here got a Vitara auto in their Sierra?

You would need the computer to get the full use of the 4 spd.

Author:  joeblow [ Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Has anyone here got a Vitara auto in their Sierra?

i'll gather up some of my info over the next couple of days and will post something on how to convert to the 4speed auto.......

Author:  lump_a_charcoal [ Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Has anyone here got a Vitara auto in their Sierra?

Do they have a divorced Tcase?

Author:  Taff [ Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Has anyone here got a Vitara auto in their Sierra?

will the 4 speed even work behind the sierra 1.3? would be interesting if it did.

Author:  twitchy [ Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Has anyone here got a Vitara auto in their Sierra?

I won't be running a 1.3, will be a modified 1.6l with the shitty traumatic sludgebox.

I am trying to build with non computerised engine & gearboxes. I didn't realise till the other day that the 4speed was a computer controled item.

So I guess I will be using what I bought with an overhaul & a shift kit.

Author:  basketcase [ Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Has anyone here got a Vitara auto in their Sierra?

Taff wrote:
will the 4 speed even work behind the sierra 1.3? would be interesting if it did.


Would like to know this too. Couldn't be far off bolting up. Considering 1.6 bolts up to 1.3 box with only a little bit of work.

Author:  Rockhopper [ Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Has anyone here got a Vitara auto in their Sierra?

The 4 speed is an electronic box which relies on signals from a computer to operate it. I could be wrong, but I think the computer is integrated with the engine ecu, so it would only work if you are running it behind a Vitara mpfi engine. Not sure why you would want to run an auto behind a 1.3 anyway as even with the more efficient later model transmissions, you still lose a fair bit of grunt at the wheels, and grunt is something that does'nt come to mind when you mention 1.3

Author:  Taff [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Has anyone here got a Vitara auto in their Sierra?

Rockhopper wrote:
The 4 speed is an electronic box which relies on signals from a computer to operate it. I could be wrong, but I think the computer is integrated with the engine ecu, so it would only work if you are running it behind a Vitara mpfi engine. Not sure why you would want to run an auto behind a 1.3 anyway as even with the more efficient later model transmissions, you still lose a fair bit of grunt at the wheels, and grunt is something that does'nt come to mind when you mention 1.3


because my zook will never be a racecar. autos are cool. my engine is too healthy to bother about a conversion.... still has plenty of life left in it :?

can it be done?

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/