auszookers.com
http://auszookers.com/forum/

Nipple flavoured beer!
http://auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2842
Page 1 of 1

Author:  lump_a_charcoal [ Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:16 am ]
Post subject:  Nipple flavoured beer!

Ok, now I have your attention...

I picked up and installed a new WT T case the other week - Having never driven a WT one, I was unsure as to whether the slight grumbly sound at certain times was due to the fact that it is geared, as opposed to the chain driven one I just ripped out.
Anyway, I thought nothing of it - Having also just removed the floor covering from the tunnel, I expected added noise.
Yesterday I drove for the first time down the highway, at speed (about 100 or so), and when backing off, or just before the point of backing off, it makes some horrid sounds...

I called the wreckers, who gave me a 6 month warranty, and the guy said it is probably due to my truck being "heavily modified" (SPOA, 31's, that's it).
Is this guy full of shit or what?
Is there anything on my otherwise stock truck that could turn a decent Tcase into a box of metal soup? Wonky Jackshaft or something?

I am having my mechanic diagnose it saturday, just to be sure...

Author:  grimreaper [ Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Nipple flavoured beer!

i think he is trying to get out of fixing it or giving you the money back as there wouldent be that mcu extra stress on it over standared with on road use but if you have been floging the piss out of it ofroad it might be diffrent

Author:  lump_a_charcoal [ Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Nipple flavoured beer!

Nah I love it too much to thrash it on road...

Author:  royce [ Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Nipple flavoured beer!

did you put oil in? did it have any oil in it when you got it?

normally transfers wouldnt exhibit that kind of noise but anything is possible, though double check all your work and make sure its all tight and no wonky flanges

Author:  lump_a_charcoal [ Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Nipple flavoured beer!

Oil? Shit...

Yeah I changed the oil out too, and filled it back up too...
The flanges all look ok, but I will check that nothing has worked loose, good idea. One thing I cannot stand is a wonky flange...

Author:  just_cruizin [ Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Nipple flavoured beer!

Yes tight flange is better then loose flange, mind you any flange is better then no flange, un-used flange is great but hard to find, extensively used flange, excessively worn are easy to find but only use in emergency situations when you can't find a good flange. We are talking transfers here, yes?

Author:  BlueSuzy [ Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Nipple flavoured beer!

I just check my suzy's flange. She has 5...Is that normal? :D

Yes they are all tight. And she uses 3 at a time! Or 5, for slippery conditions :D

1 time i thrashed her too hard..Had to replace 1...On her rear end though...

Never been through a transfer though.. Id take it back if it still in warranty...

Author:  royce [ Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Nipple flavoured beer!

you really have to be careful trashing that rear end flange too much or yes you will find you will have to replace it

was the oil that come out of it full of metal chunks and water and a real coffee colour? I think it might of been and you were being nice to the wrecker guy by trying it rather than jsut taking back straight away :wink:

Author:  lump_a_charcoal [ Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Nipple flavoured beer!

I actually loaned the case to a mate for the day, whos zook was stuck on a track out in the bush, so I don't know what the original oil was like, but it was half empty when I picked it up from the wreckers.

Chris filled it with oil when he installed it out in the bush, then drove it an hour home.

I doubt the damage was caused after picking it up from the wreckers - glad to hear you all agree.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/