auszookers.com
http://auszookers.com/forum/

Kickpanel speakers
http://auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2867
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Damo [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Kickpanel speakers

This is prolly only marginally tech, but anyway.

I already have some 5" 2 ways in the stock locations. I came across my 6" set and I think I might be able to sneak those into the kickpanel with a bit of butchering.

I don't want to put any in the doors coz the doors get removed, and I might make some half doors one day.

I was thinking the way to do it would be to cut clearance in the kickpanel and mount the speakers to a board that screws onto the kickpanel.

Author:  royce [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kickpanel speakers

I had 8's and 5's in my kickpanels :)

made an MDF board up and routered slots int he back to clear the ribs and put the 8 down the bottom and just chopped a hole in the steel and the 5 over the stock location

Author:  Damo [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kickpanel speakers

royce wrote:
I had 8's and 5's in my kickpanels :)

made an MDF board up and routered slots int he back to clear the ribs and put the 8 down the bottom and just chopped a hole in the steel and the 5 over the stock location


Yeah that sounds good to me, it would be nice to not have to cut any more holes than absolutely neccessary. How did you have the speakers hooked up? I'd set each pair up in parallel and run them off a 2 channel. It will run at 2 ohms no worries.

Author:  royce [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kickpanel speakers

pfft not cutting holes is overrated :)

4ch amp + active crossover, 8's do up to 500hz and 5's above that

Author:  Damo [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kickpanel speakers

royce wrote:
pfft not cutting holes is overrated :)

4ch amp + active crossover, 8's do up to 500hz and 5's above that


I've got an active crossover to run on this thing too if I want, and I should probably do the same BUT it would mean having to run 2 amps (and I do happen to have two 2 channel amps exactly the same), which would mean I then need ANOTHER amp for my sub. Hmmm....

The other alternative is parallel the speakers up like I said before and use passive crossovers.

Author:  royce [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kickpanel speakers

proabbly wouldnt hurt cause they will muddy each other up and do stupid things if they both play fullrange

Author:  Damo [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kickpanel speakers

royce wrote:
proabbly wouldnt hurt cause they will muddy each other up and do stupid things if they both play fullrange


I do have a dodgy little 4 channel that i'll bridge to run my sub in the meantime, but the fronts might end up being too much for it. MB Quarts run by two rockford 45.2s :P the sub is a JL 12W0 but the amp I have to push that is a little on the small side...

Author:  steve [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kickpanel speakers

too much geek talk, not enough wheelin :thefinger:

Author:  royce [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kickpanel speakers

did I mention I have a nice 1 ohm stable monoblock amp kicking around my garage :wink:

Author:  Damo [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kickpanel speakers

royce wrote:
did I mention I have a nice 1 ohm stable monoblock amp kicking around my garage :wink:


I'll give you a yell once I find a nice dual voice coil sub :P

Author:  royce [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kickpanel speakers

Damo wrote:
royce wrote:
did I mention I have a nice 1 ohm stable monoblock amp kicking around my garage :wink:


I'll give you a yell once I find a nice dual voice coil sub :P


it will still do 500wrms into 4 ohms :wink:

Author:  Damo [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kickpanel speakers

royce wrote:
Damo wrote:
royce wrote:
did I mention I have a nice 1 ohm stable monoblock amp kicking around my garage :wink:


I'll give you a yell once I find a nice dual voice coil sub :P


it will still do 500wrms into 4 ohms :wink:


Prolly a bit much for my little 12W0, they're 125w continuous.

Author:  royce [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kickpanel speakers

it will take it :wink:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/