| auszookers.com http://auszookers.com/forum/ |
|
| Sierra stock tyre size http://auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3216 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | royce [ Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Sierra stock tyre size |
OK trying to gather some factual information here I am looking for photo proof or definate its on the placard of my car not my mate said or this model in this country has sierra tyre sizes I know they all say 205/70R15, I think some also say ER78-15 but not sure so everyone go check what it says and coe post the numbers up, along with what model and type of sierra you have |
|
| Author: | Scrawny [ Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
Mine doesn't have a tyre placard anymore I know Greg's does |
|
| Author: | BlueSuzy [ Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
Mine is a 91 1.3 wt swb.....(Was My place card is half missing, but says what i can read... /70r15 15x5 1/2jj Front Rear Nomal Load 20psi 20psi Max Load 20psi 26psi (Is the nomal load meant to be normal load?Mine says nomal) "The tyres fitted to this vehicle shall not have a max load rating not less then 515kg or load index less then 515kg or a load index of 85 & a speed catagory not less then Q." This is surprising, cos i run my 33's on road at 26psi, anything under its too much load on the car, and grips the road like nothing else...Over 26 its starts to bump all over the place on rough roads. I spose it would be ok with stockers..But would surprise some patrol heads cos they lower to 20psi for offroad |
|
| Author: | shep [ Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
BlueSuzy wrote: Mine is a 91 1.3 wt swb.....(Was
My place card is half missing, but says what i can read... /70r15 15x5 1/2jj Front Rear Nomal Load 20psi 20psi Max Load 20psi 26psi (Is the nomal load meant to be normal load?Mine says nomal) "The tyres fitted to this vehicle shall not have a max load rating not less then 515kg or load index less then 515kg or a load index of 85 & a speed catagory not less then Q." my parts car(90swb soft top wt) has the same sticker, i can send it to you if you need it. |
|
| Author: | Cozook [ Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
Where is the sticker normally...I'm sure I had one on the car... Now I can't find it....
|
|
| Author: | royce [ Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
RH side of the dash when you open the door or insode the glovebox lid I think are the 2 spots |
|
| Author: | Cozook [ Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
Thanks mate.....I think someone has stolen my sticker then! |
|
| Author: | Taff [ Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
Both of mine have the same sticker... said 205/70R15 |
|
| Author: | royce [ Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
bugger, anyone got a ute, I really think I need to find one with an ER70 or whatever it is tag |
|
| Author: | Mike [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
this is what my drover has where the tyre placard is meant to be
|
|
| Author: | Zook_Fan [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
y? what is the difference |
|
| Author: | royce [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:38 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
the difference to what? I need to know what the biggest size tyre I can PROVE a sierra come with, not any internet he said she said crap so whats your say zook_fan? go have a look, chop chop |
|
| Author: | Zook_Fan [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:05 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
well after finding the friggin torch it says 205/70/15 |
|
| Author: | royce [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
| Author: | Bruce [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
See the things I do for you Royce |
|
| Author: | royce [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
now get me a clear one so I can get it printed is that off casper or the Drover? |
|
| Author: | Bruce [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
Off the Drover. 85 model 1.3lt NT. |
|
| Author: | Taff [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
how big is a ER78-15? |
|
| Author: | royce [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
its pretty close to 205/75 would love to find a 600R16 somewhere |
|
| Author: | 2stroker [ Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
Royce I recall that you entered into a forum on NBS re this same subject a while back, I don't know if you remember but Jock was adamant that 600r16's were a standard optional fitment on early Sierras, utes and LWB and said he used to have them. I had never seen standard 16" wheels on a Sierra and I believed that only LJ's came with 16" wheels Jock said that he had a book with the details and was going to post a picture of the Sierra placard with 600r16 on it. So far he has not posted it so maybe try giving him a PM. |
|
| Author: | royce [ Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:56 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
Jocks in Vanuatu drinking tequilla for a while yet I have seen 16" rims that are very much like LJ 16" but wider, so perhaps it was possible to option them, I dont think there was ever such thing as Standard equipment on Australian suzukis as there were numerous importers and I reckon they just ordered a boat load of whatever combo was cheapest at the time |
|
| Author: | TASSIETOYUKI [ Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sierra stock tyre size |
Just got hold of a service manual, (genuine suzuki) for the 1984> sierra and under the "service data" section it lists tyre size at "6.00-16-4PR or (FR78-15, *2 195 SR 15, *3 p205/75 R 15) *2 is for European market, *3 is for Canadian market. Dont know if this helps. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 9:30 hours |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group https://www.phpbb.com/ |
|