auszookers.com
http://auszookers.com/forum/

Viscous coupling fan hub
http://auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3291
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Damo [ Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:01 am ]
Post subject:  Viscous coupling fan hub

Has anyone ever repacked one of these?

Mine seems a little loose, and i'm tossing up whether to stick with it or go to an electric fan.

Author:  royce [ Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Viscous coupling fan hub

can they be pulled apart? you can buy the silicone for them from toyota

electric fans suck :)

Author:  Damo [ Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Viscous coupling fan hub

royce wrote:
can they be pulled apart? you can buy the silicone for them from toyota

electric fans suck :)


Yeah they can be as far as i know, would have to have a good look at it.

What's wrong with leccy fans? I wouldn't mind just sticking with the viscous hub fan, but orking on it would be a lt easier with a leccy fan.

Author:  Scrawny [ Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Viscous coupling fan hub

Let me know if you go electric Damo, I'll take the viscous hub off your hands 8)

Author:  royce [ Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Viscous coupling fan hub

I reckon suzukis are the wrong shape to get enough airflow through without an engine fan helping it and electric fans never pull enough air through

Author:  JrZook [ Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Viscous coupling fan hub

Damo wrote:
royce wrote:
can they be pulled apart? you can buy the silicone for them from toyota

electric fans suck :)


Yeah they can be as far as i know, would have to have a good look at it.

What's wrong with leccy fans? I wouldn't mind just sticking with the viscous hub fan, but orking on it would be a lt easier with a leccy fan.


Leccy fan is just another system to go wrong. They dont seem to like water and mud for some reason. Simple mechanical is the way to go.

Dan

Author:  magnat [ Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Viscous coupling fan hub

I wanna ditch mine for a thermo..
Think about this..

Sure.. you may have a fan that constantly cools your engine but go for a swim and she will spray the water all over the engine bay and snap blades (worse case).

I would also think you would get a little more engine response from not having to drive the fan off the belt..

So I think a Thermo with a switch would be a good thing ??

Author:  royce [ Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Viscous coupling fan hub

whats better, cool engine and not always being worried about the temp or some water splashed in the engine bay?

you do get some more power but its not worth it

Author:  JrZook [ Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Viscous coupling fan hub

magnat wrote:
I wanna ditch mine for a thermo..
Think about this..

Sure.. you may have a fan that constantly cools your engine but go for a swim and she will spray the water all over the engine bay and snap blades (worse case).

I would also think you would get a little more engine response from not having to drive the fan off the belt..

So I think a Thermo with a switch would be a good thing ??


Thats why I loosen me fan belt when going for a deep swim. Spraying water over the engine bay, no problems, zuk is fairly well water resistant.

Author:  Pubic [ Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Viscous coupling fan hub

dual thermos!


well thats what i plan to run anyway. shoule be ok. i may have to look into a water tight system around the connections.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/