| auszookers.com http://auszookers.com/forum/ |
|
| Lifting Advice http://auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3324 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Rapson [ Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Lifting Advice |
I am looking to lift my zook and have no idea where to start and lookin for advice. Should I get a suspension lift kit, I have seen a couple on ebay, or go with a body lift or both?? Any direction would be apreciated. Zook in question is a 1984 SJ40, 1lt. |
|
| Author: | MART [ Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
Are you lifting to run bigger tyres or for more ground clearance , Cheers Paul. |
|
| Author: | Rapson [ Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
More ground clearance at this stage. Might look at bigger tyres a bit further down the track. |
|
| Author: | steve [ Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
more ground clearence? so you want a suspension lift then. would be a few brands around that sell the full kit. usually easier to get the full kit. You could always take it to ARB, EFS or other places and get them to install it but you'll pay for that. Most Suzuki owners like to install their own stuff to save money. You can save more money by buying the individual bits like springs and shocks, etc etc. depends how keen you are i guess. It can be a pain in the arse to install if your bolts are all rusty and seized. Depends if you're in to that stuff, and have the tools. |
|
| Author: | Rapson [ Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
I would be installing myself, I replaced all the bushes in the springs not to long ago so the bolts sshouldnt be to much trouble. Can anyone recomend who to buy the parts through? I have seen some kits on ebay. R they any good? http://stores.ebay.com.au/ONLINE-AUTOPA ... idZ2QQtZkm |
|
| Author: | Scrawny [ Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
Not sure about the quality of the ebay kits but they are pretty expensive. I think I'm like most Zook owners.... tight I picked up a second hand set of 2" springs with shocks, standard shackles and poly bushes for $100. A couple hours at work saw them in and back on the road again. |
|
| Author: | Chinny [ Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
I got a full kit from arb for $850 inc steering dampers. |
|
| Author: | just_cruizin [ Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
Depends on how you want the ride, budget build ARD dakar springs front and back about $400, the old commy and hilux shocks $140 from supercheap. Bushes you already have. U Bolts tend to vary in price, I got a set from 4wd Trekmaster here in Brisbane for about $60 the set. |
|
| Author: | lilzook [ Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
i used ome (arb) springs. roughly $380 for the set i paid.+ $80ish for their bush kit and some gabriel shocks. four shocks for $120 from supercheap auto. the shocks were v series commodore wagon shocks for the front and some sort of hilux shocks for the rear. rides heaps better than the old susp! |
|
| Author: | Rapson [ Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:06 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
The guy on eBay can do the kit for $635 as per below (I only just did the dampener and bushes). Does this price look alright to you guys? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... TQ:AU:1123 Yes We can do this kit less the bushes and steering damper for $635.00. Just buy the other kit $635 and send an email saying you want to swap the bushes for the shackles and we will do that. regards, |
|
| Author: | 2stroker [ Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:43 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
Rapson I don't know of anyone that has used these kits but I actually think the price is pretty good. |
|
| Author: | Rockhopper [ Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:02 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
Rapson wrote: The guy on eBay can do the kit for $635 as per below (I only just did the dampener and bushes). Does this price look alright to you guys?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... TQ:AU:1123 Yes We can do this kit less the bushes and steering damper for $635.00. Just buy the other kit $635 and send an email saying you want to swap the bushes for the shackles and we will do that. regards, The way I read that add is that they're heavy duty spring made for towing loads, which to me equates to really stiff springs which will give you a bone jarring ride and no flex. Unless you are going to loading up your zook, I'd go the ARB springs and supercheap shock option. |
|
| Author: | Rapson [ Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
Thanks for the info guys, I will give ARB a call today. What hilux shockies are the go for the rear? |
|
| Author: | Rockhopper [ Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
part numbers 81147 hiace/hilux shocks for the back and 81340 vs wagon rear shock for the front of the zook |
|
| Author: | Rapson [ Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:10 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
For the record I called ARB today. OEM springs $460 and ubolts $66. Couple of days to get them in (Townsville). Might get them a little cheaper in Bris. Thanks Rockhopper, I will give supercheap a call tomorrow for prices on the shocks and post results. |
|
| Author: | lilzook [ Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
i reused my old u-bolts... hasnt caused a problem yet |
|
| Author: | Rapson [ Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
For the record both types of shokies ar $45 each at super cheap. Now I will begin discussions with the Minister of Finance. |
|
| Author: | skez [ Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
Rapson wrote: I would be installing myself, I replaced all the bushes in the springs not to long ago so the bolts sshouldnt be to much trouble.
Can anyone recomend who to buy the parts through? I have seen some kits on ebay. R they any good? http://stores.ebay.com.au/ONLINE-AUTOPA ... idZ2QQtZkm i have this kit in my sierra had it for a while now it does raise it but it is very rough and bumpy and the shocks are to hard i think, i am forever tightening all the screws that rattle loose in my sierra |
|
| Author: | Rapson [ Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
Thanks Skez, Rockhopper said the same. Anyone have some feedback on the ome springs with hilux/commondore shokies? |
|
| Author: | steve [ Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:58 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
I've had hilux shocks for years, different year hiluxs have different lengths. later the better i think. i had some commodore wagonn shocks but blew em up doing jumps because i didn't extend my jumpstops. apart from that they worked ok. |
|
| Author: | Rockhopper [ Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lifting Advice |
Rapson wrote: Thanks Skez, Rockhopper said the same.
Anyone have some feedback on the ome springs with hilux/commondore shokies? I bought my OME springs from ARB and specified the softer rated springs. I got the shocks from supercheap and extended my front bumpstops by 2" partially because of mw wheel offset and 31" tyres and partially to stop the shocks from over compressing. It rides better than when it was standard on the road and I'm happy with offroad performance too. The photo is to show what sort of flex you get with this setup.
|
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 9:30 hours |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group https://www.phpbb.com/ |
|