auszookers.com
http://auszookers.com/forum/

rear disc brake on a sierra
http://auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3338
Page 1 of 1

Author:  jimbo_jones [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:01 am ]
Post subject:  rear disc brake on a sierra

what do I need to do to the brake master cly to be able to run rear discs? is there a valve that can be removed?

thanks for any help that you can give

jimbo

Author:  joeblow [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: rear disc brake on a sierra

if you had front discs to start with then you need to remove nothing. if you had 4 wheel drums then you have to remove the residual valve. if you run rear sierra callipers get ready for some head aches sorting the bias out.

Author:  Damo [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: rear disc brake on a sierra

joeblow wrote:
if you had front discs to start with then you need to remove nothing. if you had 4 wheel drums then you have to remove the residual valve. if you run rear sierra callipers get ready for some head aches sorting the bias out.


Hey Joe, have you had any experience running sierra front calipers on the rear like that with an inline proportioning valve?

Author:  joeblow [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: rear disc brake on a sierra

i have but we all know engineers will do different things. mine for example won't allow an aftermarket valve but will allow the setup of a factory load sensing proportionting valve, but they are a nightmare to install, especially when there are better parts to use.

Author:  royce [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: rear disc brake on a sierra

I used cheap pads and cut the surface area down a bit and it seemed to work OK, but I think I got pretty lucky with it

Author:  hobzees4wdshop [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: rear disc brake on a sierra

Hey Guys I know B4T was mucking around with a subaru forester Master cylinder which is 4 wheel disc car; this would theoretically make is suitable for a 4 wheel disc setup, moreso than the standard zook MC.

I was thinking a Master cylinder from a 4dr Grand Vitara would be a suitable upgrade for a sierra running discs and bigger tyres if it bolted it. what are your thoughts?

Author:  Damo [ Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: rear disc brake on a sierra

hobzees4wdshop wrote:
Hey Guys I know B4T was mucking around with a subaru forester Master cylinder which is 4 wheel disc car; this would theoretically make is suitable for a 4 wheel disc setup, moreso than the standard zook MC.

I was thinking a Master cylinder from a 4dr Grand Vitara would be a suitable upgrade for a sierra running discs and bigger tyres if it bolted it. what are your thoughts?


I think that if you're using a master cyl. from a 4 wheel disk vehicle you still have to match up the piston size in the caliper you're using (or at least get it close) to the piston size in the donor vehicle. That's logical isn't it?

Author:  hobzees4wdshop [ Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: rear disc brake on a sierra

Certainly is Damo. I'm pretty sure you can run GV Front discs on a sierra front, so the proportioning would be fairly close i reckon running sierra calipers on the rear with a transfer h/brake.

Author:  Damo [ Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: rear disc brake on a sierra

hobzees4wdshop wrote:
Certainly is Damo. I'm pretty sure you can run GV Front discs on a sierra front, so the proportioning would be fairly close i reckon running sierra calipers on the rear with a transfer h/brake.


I'm running the old 4 door vit caplipers & discs on mine, and the piston isn't really that much bigger.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/