| auszookers.com http://auszookers.com/forum/ |
|
| Extended Sierra bumpstops http://auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3344 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | lump_a_charcoal [ Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:16 am ] |
| Post subject: | Extended Sierra bumpstops |
G'day all I am going to install some bumpstops, as my sierra has none. It is SPOA with 31s, so how much should the bumpstops be extended? Also, can someone post up pics of how to do it? Will they need to be changed if I go RUF or move the diff forwards at all? Thanks, Linc. |
|
| Author: | Dee [ Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Extended Sierra bumpstops |
are you getting any tyre rub at full flex? Do your shocks have internal bumpstops? If no to both of these, flex your car up to full stuff front and rear, measure distance from compressed side of diff (the one flexed into the guard) to the underside of your chassis rail directly above the diff. Then fit bumpstops that are about 10 - 20mm bigger than this space. Can be done a number of ways. (standard sierra bumpstops with spacers, aftermarket ones, one from a differernt make/model of car)... |
|
| Author: | lump_a_charcoal [ Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:32 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Extended Sierra bumpstops |
I have rancho 9000 shocks, dunno if they have internal bumpstops... I rub the footwell on flex, I'll do some measurements on the weekend. Thanks. |
|
| Author: | Brett [ Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:50 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Extended Sierra bumpstops |
if its the std springs i'd move your diff forwad 22 mm. this helps heaps with scrubbing! bump stops, look for some hilux bumpstops that you can bolt onto your ubolt plats and then use some thick waled rhs bolted to your std spots to space out the rest. |
|
| Author: | lump_a_charcoal [ Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Extended Sierra bumpstops |
I have 2 inch springs too... On a side note, if I redrill the rear spring hanger, and redrill the spring perch, how much forward movement could I achieve? |
|
| Author: | BlueSuzy [ Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:35 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Extended Sierra bumpstops |
As much as you want, but too far and you will want to fit a spacer..mine is 25/30mm forward. Half ruf, redrilled perch etc Mine WAS just 25mm forward redrilled perch and ubolt plate. Not hanger. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 9:30 hours |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group https://www.phpbb.com/ |
|