auszookers.com
http://auszookers.com/forum/

Lip flaring fuel lines
http://auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3358
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Chinny [ Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:25 am ]
Post subject:  Lip flaring fuel lines

nvm i did more research need to do a single flare

Author:  Damo [ Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lip flaring fuel lines

Chinny wrote:
nvm i did more research need to do a single flare


Feel free to post up what you found Chinny, someone else will probably be sking te same question one day. Once you do post something it becomes part of the resources of the site, as you can just do a search on a topic etc.

Author:  Chinny [ Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lip flaring fuel lines

Ok no worries :) Its actually a bubble flare. They're meant to be used with a fitting. My thought is to use it when i cut my solid fuel lines and slide the flexible fuel hoses on with a clamp. I'm having trouble finding a bubble flaring kit in australia though. There's heaps fom the USA and they're cheap.

Image

Author:  royce [ Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lip flaring fuel lines

I have one somewhere, I might of lent it to somebody though :oops:

FWIW they are a pain in teh ass to get hoses onto, you really need to make a bead a bit further up the pipe

Author:  TZAR [ Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Lip flaring fuel lines

Bubble flare also called double flare

I spent many years playing with brake lines and cutting and modifying brake lines and I can tell you if you get a cheap double flare kit it will just gather dust after you throw it in the corner.

I paid about $150 for a hand held unit and my friends still borrow it today. It is fantastic. Got it from checkpoint

if you are going to buy one buy one like this

http://www.lislecorp.com/tool_detail.cfm?detail=1102

don't want to spend money on a tool just go to checkpoint, or other larghe brake place and get them to flare the ends for you

Author:  mrw82 [ Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Lip flaring fuel lines

yep. use a double flare tool but dont do the second stage all the way,you end up with exactly what is in that pic.


I have a good quality RIGID brand flaring tool set your more than welcome to come and use. im at deception bay (northside).


and a little bit of oil inside the hose helps it to slip right on if its tight, you all should know that rule!

Author:  Chinny [ Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Lip flaring fuel lines

Thanks mrw82, I appreciate your generosity. I'm about an hour away from you though. How much is the rigid one and from where? i like rigid its a good brand.

Author:  mrw82 [ Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lip flaring fuel lines

this is the same one as I have. its had a lot of use and still going strong. got to watch you dont lose the double flare dies, they're small and fiddly.

http://www.toolbarn.com/product/ridgid/33927/

Author:  Damo [ Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lip flaring fuel lines

You should be able to use something like that to make hydraulic lines too yeah???

Author:  mrw82 [ Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lip flaring fuel lines

yep.

will do 3/16" (brake lines) all the way up to 1/2" double flares and 5/16" single flare.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/