| auszookers.com http://auszookers.com/forum/ |
|
| Broke my RTC stabiliser bracket http://auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3361 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | lump_a_charcoal [ Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Broke my RTC stabiliser bracket |
Gday all - On saturday I broke the RTC stabiliser bracket that attaches the dampener to the steering arm. Has this happened to anyone before? I have a suspicion that after fitting the OTT steering kit, I have a tighter turning circle now. I think that possibly the dampener may have bottomed out either at full compression, or full stroke. Does this sound feasible, and if so, how would that affect the dampener? Could it be stuffed now? It is a tough dog RTC dampener by the way. Thanks, Linc. |
|
| Author: | royce [ Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Broke my RTC stabiliser bracket |
do you mean the stock bracket that bolts to the pitman arm? |
|
| Author: | Damo [ Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Broke my RTC stabiliser bracket |
I tore the dampener bracket/tie down hook out of the front crossmember. But that was when I was getting snatched out of sand Pics? |
|
| Author: | lump_a_charcoal [ Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Broke my RTC stabiliser bracket |
Yeah the bracket onto the pitman arm... I'll post some pics. |
|
| Author: | lump_a_charcoal [ Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Broke my RTC stabiliser bracket |
Got a new one for $15 Just hoping it doesn't happen again - Strange thing is though the steering is not affected at all by not having it on there, I drove home over 100km without it, and noticed no ill effects. |
|
| Author: | hooki [ Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Broke my RTC stabiliser bracket |
you shouldnt notice any huge effects until you hit a bump in the road at speed. My coily sierra didnt have a steering damper like all coily sierra's and with big tyres at speed it was terrible to drive with. Every bump in the road it pulled from left to right, also when 4wd the wheel would always get ripped out of your hands and nearly rip your arm off. Once a rtc was fitted majority of this went away. In my leaf sprung sierra there wasn't much of this as they come with a dampner from factory, but i'm geussing without one it would be like it was in my coily. |
|
| Author: | lump_a_charcoal [ Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Broke my RTC stabiliser bracket |
Yeah i think I'll put it back on, just in case... It is taking up room in my toolbox anyway... |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 9:30 hours |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group https://www.phpbb.com/ |
|