| auszookers.com http://auszookers.com/forum/ |
|
| Immobilisation points... http://auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3383 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | lump_a_charcoal [ Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Immobilisation points... |
G'day - I have a 2 point immobiliser to install, was thinking of doing the coil and fuel pump (unless someone has a better idea), but I was after ideas on where to tap into the correct wires... If I can find where in the loom the fuel pump is powered fed from then I would prefer to choose that point, rather than going right to the fuel pump. I will try and find a wiring schematic with colour codes, I suppose that will help (even though I am a bit colour blind)... So, where would be good to tap into the wires? Thanks, Linc. |
|
| Author: | royce [ Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Immobilisation points... |
on a sierra? they have mechanical fuel pumps tap the ignition feed to everything and the starter motor feed at the ignition switch loom to the right of the speedo (you have to pull it out to get to it) the only place you can tap an immobiliser into a sierra to prevent them being hotwired is between the dizzy and coil but youll never hide the wiring to prevent a thief that wants_it_that_bad from not seeing it and disabling it |
|
| Author: | twitchy [ Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Immobilisation points... |
couple of wires to a tazer under the seat for when they sit down........ Just don't forget it yourself. |
|
| Author: | lump_a_charcoal [ Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Immobilisation points... |
royce wrote: on a sierra? they have mechanical fuel pumps Oh yeah... royce wrote: the only place you can tap an immobiliser into a sierra to prevent them being hotwired is between the dizzy and coil
You mean the HT wire? |
|
| Author: | royce [ Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Immobilisation points... |
no you have a wire from the positive coil terminal to the dizzy that powers the ignition module and 1 from teh dizzy to the coil negative that switches it, you could cut into that one to stop it being hotwired |
|
| Author: | lump_a_charcoal [ Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Immobilisation points... |
Ah ok... Thanks Royce. |
|
| Author: | Damo [ Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Immobilisation points... |
And the number 1 immobilisation point to stop you zook getting stolen is... kneecaps |
|
| Author: | lump_a_charcoal [ Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Immobilisation points... |
I take it you install the kneecaps into the offender? |
|
| Author: | Rapson [ Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Immobilisation points... |
twitchy wrote: couple of wires to a tazer under the seat for when they sit down........
Just don't forget it yourself. I can tell you there will be plenty of DNA evidence if any one tries to pinch your zuk! |
|
| Author: | lump_a_charcoal [ Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Immobilisation points... |
I reckon a 150dba peizo mounted somewhere inaccessible would serve the purpose well too, but with less shit for me to clean up... I remember seeing in Sth Africa a dude had a loaded gun mounted under his seat, that went off when someone tried to hotwire it from memory... |
|
| Author: | lump_a_charcoal [ Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Immobilisation points... |
Well, I got it all installed - Wasn't too difficult, just a bit time consuming looming/taping up all the wires. I managed to remove the ignition barrel and construct the new loom in the garage, to save me doing it in the footwell all hunched over. Cheers for the help guys... |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 9:30 hours |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group https://www.phpbb.com/ |
|