| auszookers.com http://auszookers.com/forum/ |
|
| Vibration in GV 2000cc http://auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46308 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | ishc [ Mon May 19, 2014 8:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Vibration in GV 2000cc |
Hey, I own a 1998, 2000cc petrol, Auto trans, 5 door GV. When standing (In a red light for example) and gear is in D mode there is a vibration all over the car. Engine mounts where replaced and are new, no change. When starting movment the rpm somtimes drops and the car vibrates even more, sometimes (rare) the engine shut down. Ideas? |
|
| Author: | fordem [ Tue May 20, 2014 12:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Vibration in GV 2000cc |
What's the idle RPM with the car stationary in Drive? |
|
| Author: | ishc [ Tue May 20, 2014 5:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Vibration in GV 2000cc |
I'm not sure I've under stand what is your Q, but while standing in D mode the RPM is about 700-800. |
|
| Author: | fordem [ Wed May 21, 2014 2:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Vibration in GV 2000cc |
I guess you must have understood it, because you answered it - I believe 700~800 is about right, at least, it's where I would expect it for a manual transmission - in a number of cases I've seen, the vibration was caused by the idle speed being too low. Is the vibration only present at idle or does it persist throughout the rev range? |
|
| Author: | droverdave [ Wed May 21, 2014 2:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Vibration in GV 2000cc |
Automatics tend to labor the engines a tad at idle though when in drive. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 9:30 hours |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group https://www.phpbb.com/ |
|