It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:17 pm
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Suzuki Talk

Vehicle: 2012 suzuki jimny

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:28 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Gday I am about to change drive and alternator belts in a early 2012 auto Jimny and will probably have to top the transmission oil up after i take the radiator out.
The owners manual and service manual states that I should use suzukiATF 3317, or Mobil ATF 3309 or equivalent to Dexron 111 oil. The quickest way to get replacement oil for me is at the local Supercheap , however none of the Dexron 111 or other oils such as Chief, Penrite, Nulon , Castrol etc actually mention Suzuki on their data.
Has anyone on the air any advice on topping up, dont want stuff it up obviously. I can get mobil atf3309 online but it will take a few days. Thanks.

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:30 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Dexron III is the correct fluid to use

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to fit a temperature gauge- the most important mod you could ever do to an automatic Jimny.

az supporter
az supporter

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:02 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
I've always used the Castrol one but any are fine if they are Dexron III compatible. Might be worth dropping the pan and changing the filter also depending on when it was last done.

Fluid level is usually checked with car running and in the transmission park at operating temperature. I doubt you will lose much at all taking the radiator out.

If you've got the radiator out I'd recommend installing a separate cooler and bypassing the one in the radiator, as well as fitting a gauge as per steve's suggestion.

Vehicle: 2012 suzuki jimny

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:34 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Thanks to both of you for replying, and for the advice.

Jump to: