It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:33 am
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Suzuki Talk

Vehicle: Suzuki Jimny

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:40 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Hey everyone.

New to the forums and to owning a Jimny.
I bought a significantly modified Jimny a couple months ago and I'm looking at a major service soon.

The previous owner was not the person who modded the car and has no record or knowledge of all the mods and I keep finding new things all the time.
The original owner has done a M15A non VVT conversion. I haven't had any luck finding out where this motor came from.

Details: 2000 Manual Jimny. 154,xxx Kms on chassis.

1. I was wondering if anyone could help with a list of cars that the non VVTs came out of.
2. How different are the parts for a M13A? Looking at replacing seals for some leaks later on. Eg. Valve/Rocker cover seals, sump or even head gasket (Obviously need 1.5L size).

And any other info would be extremely helpful as I'm new to zook life.
I'm located in Sydney incase anyone knows Zook parts experts around here.

Many thanks in advance.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vehicle: 2011 Jimny

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:01 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Pretty sure the non-vvt m15 came out of the ignis/cruze.

Vehicle: 2004 Jimny

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:37 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Pretty much everything is exactly the same across non VVT M13, M15 and M16. SO many of the parts I've recently purchased all list "M13 M15 and M16" in the application guides. From doing a bunch of reading, The blocks and heads are all pretty much the same shape across the three with possibly some minor inlet/exhaust port size difference and some valve stem size differences. All three blocks use exactly the same bore size, same crank and rear main size, same head bolts, same gasket kits, etc. Use the Partsouq.com website and punch in your VIN, get some genuine part numbers from the factory diagrams there and then do some googling for the application.

Vehicle: Suzuki Jimny

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:43 am 
Reply with quote Top  
slow_dive wrote:
Pretty much everything is exactly the same across non VVT M13, M15 and M16. SO many of the parts I've recently purchased all list "M13 M15 and M16" in the application guides. From doing a bunch of reading, The blocks and heads are all pretty much the same shape across the three with possibly some minor inlet/exhaust port size difference and some valve stem size differences. All three blocks use exactly the same bore size, same crank and rear main size, same head bolts, same gasket kits, etc. Use the Partsouq.com website and punch in your VIN, get some genuine part numbers from the factory diagrams there and then do some googling for the application.

Awesome, thanks heaps. Will try that. At the moment the spark plugs keep coming up with different numbers for different vehicle with the same engine. It's quite annoying :lol:
Might have to just take one out and cross reference the number

Jump to: