It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:52 pm
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Suzuki Talk

Vehicle: zook

Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:16 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Ok help me make this work i have a zook with a by what i can tell a shackle calmini shackle reversal kit plus big arss arch springs , im guessing 3" plus , what i want is a simple 2" lift with nice plush springs ,, what i would like to do is get some 2'" rears and use the old rears for a ruf but in this case the rears on this thing where sourced from nasa i think.
So my question is ,, if i was to remove a few leaves could i achieve a couple of inchs drop in ride height and a plusher ride and make the thing look a bit more legal in the process , is it worth trying for the time been ? it also has drive shaft spacers which i would remove ,, Any thoughts appreciated,,,,, pics as it sits now

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Siesta on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:24 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
I think I saw you were selling the whole kit complete on FB?

I think that's wise. I know Shep had a good run with his calamity kit but he'd be the only one, and I think it was to do with the titanic weight of his car.

The ones I've seen in the bush were horrendous. Massively stiff, far too tall.

The front brackety adds ~2" of lift on it's own so it's hard to get the car low with it still fitted, and I don't see the appeal of shackle reverse.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:54 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
dead right steve ,, i done some research on the springs as the part numbers are still visable there the stiffest 3" they sell .,, then to add insult to injury the guy added munroe heavy duty gas magnum shocks front and rear ,,, looking at there part number there for Jackaroo rodeo rear use maybe 2.5 times the zook weight lol ,, I was going to do the ruf but i have run out of time , i just ordered a 2" comfort set of efs , and new set of stock shackles and rubbers , , might be able to leave the drop pitman arm on , once i have springs in i'll see what the angles look like on that, how do you think that will go ?, would you have an idea of what junkyard shocks i could use on this ? , starting get costly bringing it back to a legal state ,, couldnt see the friggen side mirrors with the windows up lol tint was so dark its off now ,, thanks for your input

Vehicle: A manly awesome man jimny

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:34 am 
Reply with quote Top  
The only calmini bits I had were springs and spring pads. Springs were real good however were as old as hell.
The shackle reversal stuff looks dodgy as

The springs were awesome and it rode better then a stock jimny

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:31 am 
Reply with quote Top  
The original calmini sr kits came with steel bushes for the springs

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:34 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
MrRocky wrote:
Not sure what this one has yet ,, but it will all be sitting on the grass on thursday i hope lol ,,,, Rocky didnt you start biulding a toyota chassied zook years ago on outerlimits ?

Ok Shep they do have heavy and light duty ,,, for the 3" ,, im also thinking the shocks are probly the biggest culprit of the ride quality on this thing

Last edited by Siesta on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:53 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Yeah was a bit to silly to drive on the road.
Hilux chassis, commo v6, maruti cab

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:55 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Cool ,,i remember now , i done one on a 4dr RR vogue chass com v6 t700 lt230 ,

Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:53 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
MrRocky wrote:
yep found those ,, they replace the original shackle rubber with a 2 turned steel pieces to act as one of the mounting pionts ,, and offcourse they where rusted solid to the bolt i had to cut the front calmini brackets up so i could get to them ,no loss the front springs are a longer unit i will get around to measuring them in few days , i removed the helper springs from the new rear packs before i fitted them ,, just need to flatten the seams at the front of the sills , and should be good to go

Post Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:56 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Sounds like its an early kit.
The rear springs are about 20mm longer than efs 65mm rears and flex pretty good when softened up.
You wont be able to run them without extended shackles in the rear otherwise they fold up the stock shackles against the chassis.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:45 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Siesta wrote:
Cool ,,i remember now , i done one on a 4dr RR vogue chass com v6 t700 lt230 ,

Did Nam or another vic bloke have something to do with this? I feel like I know this car for some reason.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:27 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
was me Dozoor ,, Team Rockapes lol ,, had an acc here years ago but couldnt get back into it was on Gutsquishers ,snake , then Outers,,,, youv,e been on a few of those shakes

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: suzuki

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:12 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
MrRocky wrote:
The rear springs are about 20mm longer than efs 65mm rears and flex pretty good when softened up

I had them in the rear of my Maruti with 3 leafs and they were awesome. Till spring wrap killed them quick smart.

Profile WWW  

Jump to: