It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:59 pm
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Suzuki Talk

Vehicle: 1998 Jimny

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:10 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Hello everyone!
I just purchased a 98 Jimny with an auto transmission. This Jimny has issues with the transmission, and has been through several shops that couldn't diagnose it.
I picked it up in pieces, as the mechanic had sent it back to the transmission shop for repair. So in order to diagnose it, I had to put it all back together.
After doing so it appears the trans is in limp mode (stuck in 2nd gear). Pulling codes from the tcm, I found every possible code stored.
I did notice that the safety switch was way out of adjustment, so I adjusted it and cleared all the codes. During the road test, it now only sets a code 18.
Turbine speed versus vehicle speed correlation error. and again goes into limp mode. Both sensor resistances are ok (at the tcm) and the circuits aren't shorted nor open.
The tcm looks to have been a used one (felt pen writing all over it) I didn't want to assume it was good, so I sent it to a electronics shop that specializes in Aisin tcms
to confirm it is ok. While I wait for the return of the tcm, does anyone have any similar experiences with this situation?
Sorry for the long post and any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark

Jump to: