It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:57 pm
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Suzuki Talk

Vehicle: 1994 SJ70 (El Burrito)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:12 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Greetings

So after cheating on my old 94 for a while with a new car, we've decided to come back from the dark side and we are in the throes of buying a 96 model.

It has had a few mods (plated) done to it including a G16b motor and lift. We also own a Unimog 1700 that we are building a habitation box on the back of and an ex-military trailer which is going to be the Sierra's "garage" when we are on the road.

SWMBO has had a Sierra in the past and loves the car but hates the seats. Hence my first question.

I have seen loads of posts about replacement seats including multiple Suzuki's (Swift GTI, Baleno etc) along with Mazda Astinas and one guy with CRX seats (had one of those - love the seats)

So, given that there are so many options, what is the best bang for buck? I want something that will give more support, fit without having to do a load of fabrication and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Yep - I want it all but I'd rather have comfort over price.

Are there any model/years combination that works best for a 96 model?

What would you pick?

Thanks in advance

Nigel.

Vehicle: 1994 SJ70 (El Burrito)

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:47 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
No takers?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:35 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
You have an SJ80. The seat mounts are completely different to every other Sierra and so the process of adapting in seats is different. There is very little tech on swapping seats in an SJ80, but compared to an SJ40/50/70 there will be more fabrication as the rails are integrated, the inside rear bolts to the transmission tunnel and the seats bolt to the rails from the sides not up to underneath.

Search specifically for SJ80 seats and see what turns up, but my guess is you're in for fabrication one way or another.

Jump to: