It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:12 pm
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Suzuki Talk

Vehicle: Suzuki Sierra SJ80

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:15 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Hi guys and girls. Need help with a bug that’s bugging me.

Long story cut short is I fitted an early G16B out of a vitara to a Sierra. The one with the torpedo Maf sensor. Car was running ok but then it needed a rebuild due to corrosion on the block and head gasket leaking coolant into 2 and 3 piston bore. So block was bored out 50thou and decked and new cylinder head and injectors. After putting it all back together now it starts and runs but it’s running really rich and does not have a steady idle. Idle goes up and down by 300-500rpm for a few minutes until it stalls.
I have cleaned throttle body, maf sensor, regapped spark plugs, cleaned all the crap out of the throttle body water supply and more but I can’t get it to have a steady idle and stop running rich. Timing seems to be ok
Now the other issue is that when I got this engine the person (very special) gave me a wiring harness but all the plugs where mostly cut out of it including the I guess Obd2/ reading port. So I can’t test for any errors.

Vehicle: 98 SQ420, 05 JB420, 21 A6G415

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:36 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
I've attached a two page PDF showing the ECU wiring - you can add the check engine light and test terminal, all you need is a dash indicator bulb, wire and the information on where to connect it at the ECU connectors.

It's not OBDII, diagnostics are done by grounding the test terminal and counting the flashes of the check engine light, or, if you have access to a tool that can "talk" SDT you can wire in a J1962 port (one wire to the ECU, +12V & ground)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:30 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Thanks mate. Will look into it over the weekend

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:06 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
UPDATE"
found the reason it was not starting. The new Spark plugs that where fitted a few month ago where faulty. Its funny how you disregard something because you know it has been replaced instead of checking it first. So fixed the wiring harness a bit more and ran a MIL light to the dash. Only issue it flashes is the VSS issue not connected. Now idle is still erratic but after checking the TPS with the Workshop manual procedure it comes up as faulty. No reading at all on A to D pin and A to B pin sit on about 400ohms but as soon as you move the throttle by a mm it goes to no reading al all. So putting new plugs, leads and TPS. Will update as soon as i get the bits.

Jump to: