It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:07 am
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Suzuki Talk

Vehicle: Suzuki Samurai 1986

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:52 am 
Reply with quote Top  
1st time poster, but I've lurked for awhile.. I'm in CA. USA and have a 1986 US spec'ed Samurai... I was wanting to update my old sealed-beam headlights to LED... I have been looking at Holly Retrobrights, Trucklites and others... I want to keep the original "look" of the sealed-beam... Yesterday I heard about "Bangin' Headlights", and read the were designed and made in Australia... Reading that, I was thinking that maybe some of you fellow owners of old Zooks may have heard of or used them... They look pretty good and are made of glass and not plastic, so that is a plus... I just don't know anything about the quality of build or light pattern... I'll put up a link, but if it is against the rules, feel free to take it down.. Thanks for any help you can provide...
Butch

https://www.banginheadlights.com/pages/ ... headlights

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:22 am 
Reply with quote Top  
I have no experience with these but it’s nice to see an approved light for sale specifically for LHD and RHD markets. Due to Suzuki using negative switching you’ll need a pair of relays wired in to convert to conventional positive switching for the LEDs to work.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:54 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Thanks for the reply... I read on another forum, that these ma be "just slapped together" and not really engineered... So I don't know about their quality of light.. It seems like there would be good market for quality sealed beam to LED replacement head lights...
Butch

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: LJs, Sierra, Jimny, Swift.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:37 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Looks like they supply a negatively switched adapter:

https://www.banginheadlights.com/produc ... b08b&_ss=r

I like the idea of these original looking but higher performance, low draw LEDs like the retrobrights but the cost is right up there. It's more than I would pay anyway.

These might not be any better performance than the old halogen sealed beams, they're only 15w (half the retrobrights) and this quote off their website is the killer for me.

"our Traditional 7 offers a bright, stable light comparable to halogen models "

I haven't seen them in person but they sure look a lot like a standard semi-sealed beam housing with a H4 LED dropped into it...

Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:08 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
And if that’s the case iI’d say performance would be poor. I have home quite expensive JW Speaker H4 replacement LED bulbs and they are pretty average, especially on high beam. I’ve run them in Wipac 7” round housings (defender) and in my FG falcon and they were equally poor. Patchy output on high beam and too white.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:58 am 
Reply with quote Top  
I'm gonna shy away from these things... Too many unanswered questions... I've heard some decent things about Philips Automotive Lighting LED Integral Beam , but they do have the 6K cool white cooler... (I would prefer a little warmer color)... And don't look exactly like the old sealed beams...
Butch

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:27 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Have you contacted them?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:17 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Gwagensteve wrote:
Have you contacted them?

Me?... I've contacted no manufacture, if that's what, and who you're asking.... Just trying to do some independent research...
Butch

Jump to: