It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:38 am
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Suzuki Talk

Vehicle: Holden Drover / Suzuki Sj50

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:57 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
As it says I've got a 1999 Suzuki Baleno G16B coil pack motor and can't get spark for the life of me.

Signal wire has continuity with the pin on the ecu.
Ground wire has continuity and is grounded correctly.
Power wire has 12 on ignition.

I've tried jumping the starter on Ignition and it doesn't spark so it's not a power issue on start switch. Ecu has both 12v wires going into A13&26 on the ecu as required. Also has power to 'backup' too. Fuel pump comes on for 3 seconds and then turns off. Keep pumping while I crank it too. Injectors also don't work but I believe it's because there's no spark and the ecu says don't push injector pulse.

I have correct Ohm readings for the CKP sensor.

Brand new coil packs, brand new ignition leads, brand new spark plugs.

Please help I am hoping to fix it before the auto electrician takes ownership of my liver.

Vehicle: 98 SQ420, 05 JB420, 21 A6G415

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:22 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Has this ever worked since the conversion was done - are we hunting down a failure or a mistake made during the modification of the wiring harness?

Is there a check engine light fitted? Is there a code set?

I notice you mention "correct ohm readings" for the CKP (crank position sensor) but nothing about the cam position sensor.

How was the oil pan modified to accept the crank position sensor? Are you running a gasket between the oil pan and the cylinder block? One of the common issues with these conversions is the crank position sensor being too far away from the timing gear on the crankshaft.

Vehicle: Holden Drover / Suzuki Sj50

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:36 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Yes, the motor was taken from a Suzuki Baleno SY416 that was running (rough but drivable) when I pulled it. In my opinion we're hunting a mistake I made someone within the wiring loom. If someone could verify what wires should go to what pins on both the CPK and the CMP so that I haven't accidentally hooked up the ground wire on the loom to the power pin on the sensor etc.

No i havent hooked up the check engine light as ive already removed all the DLC plugs so theres no plug in diagnosis available for my motor after I ripped it out. VSS is also gone as I can't be assed pulling apart both clusters to take the VSS.

I will check via the process of putting a small piece of steel 1mm past the cam position sensor and see if i get the 0-1V, 4-5V jumps like the manual says. I cut out a piece of the old sump when I grafted it to the suzuki sierra sump. As far as I am aware its pretty flush with where it should be within the sump. The Manual from the factory doesnt tell me what the CKP should be doing while cranking without an Oscilliscope which I obviously don't have.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:13 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Sorry I’m going to sound short tempered but if you’re not willing to set up the VSS you’re not ready for this job. Let the car try to tell you what is wrong.

Finish the engine conversion by completing the CE light and put the ECU into diagnostics mode.

Jump to: