auszookers.com
http://auszookers.com/forum/

130 meters of 10mm genuine Dyneema SK-75 Rope, $5.20 a meter
http://auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24535
Page 1 of 2

Author:  bohuler [ Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:35 am ]
Post subject:  130 meters of 10mm genuine Dyneema SK-75 Rope, $5.20 a meter

I have 4 winch extension straps here. They were 25 meters but when I put the eyelets in them you loose a bit in lentgth, so have ended up just under 25 meters long. (like 24.7 meters long, pfffft, close enough to 25 meters :lol: )
They will arrive at my place next week sometime. I will splice the eyes in them and ship them to you as soon as the bulk rope arrrives at my place.
Image
Image
At a rating of about 9 tonne, its a tad excessive for a zook :lol:
They are properly spliced eyes with protective cover stuff in them.
$130 each.
Posted via Aust Post in a 3kg satchel which costs me $11. Making it $141 posted to your door.
Lemme know if your intersted!!!
Dave
p.s if you only want a 20 meter extension, I can do this for the $100 price I sold the last lot for, plus the said $11 postage, just let me know and I will splice the rope to 20mtrs intstead of 25.

Author:  Teracis [ Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2 x 19 meter winch extensions made out of 10mm dyneema

That looks like some decent ropework there dude, good work!

Author:  bohuler [ Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2 x 19 meter winch extensions made out of 10mm dyneema

Love the internet :D You can find videos to teach you everything you need to know, all from the comfort of your lounge room chair :lol:

Author:  86slowsierra [ Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2 x 19 meter winch extensions made out of 10mm dyneema

ok i'll shotgun 1.

Author:  Built4thrashing [ Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 1 x 19 meter winch extensions made out of 10mm dyneema

Ill take the other one.

Author:  Teracis [ Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2 x 19 meter winch extensions made out of 10mm dyneema

bohuler wrote:
Love the internet :D You can find videos to teach you everything you need to know, all from the comfort of your lounge room chair :lol:


Did you need fids or any other tools? or just some tape?

I got myself a set of fids and needles and I managed to splice 6mm spectra (it wasn't easy coz it's so small) and also 5mm (was even harder and I had to unpick and sew the cover back along at the end as it was too tight to go inside like the 6mm.

It's supposed to be easier with larger diameters, although I've found it's got LOTS to do with how tight the cover is!

But yeh, double braid is a lot harder than that stuff, well to get nice, but that doesn't mean it's not good work, did you sew the protective sleeve into the eye or just leave it loose?

Author:  bohuler [ Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1 x 19 meter winch extensions made out of 10mm dyneema

I left the eye loose. The factory eyelet that came with the rope was not stitched in, so I just copied what was there already. The sleeve is a very snug fit over the rope, it was actually the most annoying part, feeding the bloody stuff on :D
No special tools needed, just some patience and the pause and rewind button on youtube.

Author:  bohuler [ Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1 x 19 meter winch extensions made out of 10mm dyneema

Built4thrashing wrote:
Ill take the other one.


Joel beat you to it, but seeing that they are popular it will get more rope and make some more :D I'll probably have another 2 or 3 within a week or so.

Dave

Author:  Teracis [ Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1 x 19 meter winch extensions made out of 10mm dyneema

bohuler wrote:
I left the eye loose. The factory eyelet that came with the rope was not stitched in, so I just copied what was there already. The sleeve is a very snug fit over the rope, it was actually the most annoying part, feeding the bloody stuff on :D
No special tools needed, just some patience and the pause and rewind button on youtube.


Cool, I figured as much, it will be better that way as it'll let the eye deform properly and spread the load evenly I reckon.

To feed it on, did you try taping a smaller diameter rope/twine/stick to the end to use as a drawstring?

Author:  Built4thrashing [ Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1 x 19 meter winch extensions made out of 10mm dyneema

you must be bored to want to splice rope. How'd ya go with the driving thingo. allowed to come out yet?

Author:  bohuler [ Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1 x 19 meter winch extensions made out of 10mm dyneema

Shit yeah :D Only thing holding me at home and not going to Queensland for a few weeks is homework and the fact I can't use a chainsaw, so it makes collecting firewood a bit awkard :D

Author:  Teracis [ Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 1 x 19 meter winch extensions made out of 10mm dyneema

bohuler wrote:
Shit yeah :D Only thing holding me at home and not going to Queensland for a few weeks is homework and the fact I can't use a chainsaw, so it makes collecting firewood a bit awkard :D


Not allowed or don't know how?

Or physically can not use?

Author:  bohuler [ Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 1 x 19 meter winch extensions made out of 10mm dyneema

Physically can't use one atm. Had my apendix out 2 weeks ago and they had to do it old school with a bit of slice and dice. No lifting of anything for another 4 weeks, due to the risk of getting a hernia (which sounds like lots of fun, and another 6 week recovery from that) and seeing my work as a chippy is all about heavy lifting, im off work till the 1st september. As for the homework, 3 major assignments due start of september for the register builder course im doing so its kinda good i've got the time off, means i might get them done, instead of definatly not getting them done :lol:

On another note, trying to get more rope in, when it does I will have more straps avalible. I was talking to ajsr today and was wondering what people think of 10 meter straps? Or just stick with 20 meter ones?

Dave

Author:  bohuler [ Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 1 x 25 meter winch extensions made out of 10mm dyneema

BUMP!!! Update. 4 new ropes avalible, info in the first post. Lemme know if your keen :D
Cheers
Dave

Author:  Built4thrashing [ Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 4x25 meter winch extensions made out of 10mm dyneema 9/9/11

one sold to me already

Author:  monley [ Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 4x25 meter winch extensions made out of 10mm dyneema 9/9/11

I think a bloke at work, would be keen, for one. I will check with him tomorrow and get back to you A.S.A.P

Author:  bohuler [ Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 4 X 25 meter winch extensions of 10mm dyneema 13/9/11 !!!!!

Ok folks here is the deal. I can't help myself so I have over 150 meter of 10mm rope arriving at my place within a week or 2. I need to sell it or the misses will use the freekin stuff to make a noose and hang me!! :lol:
The rope that I have is in 50 meter lengths. I can make you a 20 meter extension, I can make you 30 meters to go on your winch AND a 20 meter extension. I can make you just a straight 20 meter extension. I can put eyelets at both ends of a 50 meter rope if you want a 50 meter winch extension!!
The price its cost me is $5.20 a meter, so ALL PRICING will be worked out on this price. (ie if you want 20 meter extension with 2 eyelets it will be $104 plus postage ($11) If you want 30 meter extension with eyelets it will be $156 plus postage ($11))
Just let me know and I will splice it up and send it off to you :D :D :D :D :D
Cheers
Dave

Author:  SSSIERA [ Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 5 X 25 meter winch extensions of 10mm dyneema 13/9/11 !!!!!

wow thats cheep! the old man might be keen!
is paypal possible?

Author:  Polar_Bear [ Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 5 X 25 meter winch extensions of 10mm dyneema 13/9/11 !!

What's the deal with these winch ropes, are they any good, are all winch ropes the same?

Author:  bohuler [ Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 5 X 25 meter winch extensions of 10mm dyneema 13/9/11 !!!!!

FFFFFAAAAARRRRK! I have ALOT of rope here :lol:

I've got 200 meters of 10mm Dyneema winch rope. Its in 4 lots of 50 meter. What I can do is make up winch extensions with 2 eyelets, either 10, 20, 25, or 30 meter lengths. Take your pick. OR I can make winch ropes for your winch in 30, 40, 50 meter lengths. The price is $5.20 a meter so a 20 meter rope will cost you $104. A 30 meter rope will cost you $156. It doesn't matter if you need eyelets in both ends or a winch lug and eyelet at the other end, they are the same price :D
Let me know if your keen, this is a bargain price for genuine Dyneema SK-75 Rope!!
Dave

p.s one 20 meter eyelet to eyelet is sold to B4T :D only 180 meters left!!!

edit: just got off the phone to my mate, he is taking another 50 meters so I'm down to 130 meters!

Author:  SSSIERA [ Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 5 X 25 meter winch extensions of 10mm dyneema 13/9/11 !!!!!

bohuler wrote:
FFFFFAAAAARRRRK! I have ALOT of rope here :lol:

I've got 200 meters of 10mm Dyneema winch rope. Its in 4 lots of 50 meter. What I can do is make up winch extensions with 2 eyelets, either 10, 20, 25, or 30 meter lengths. Take your pick. OR I can make winch ropes for your winch in 30, 40, 50 meter lengths. The price is $5.20 a meter so a 20 meter rope will cost you $104. A 30 meter rope will cost you $156. It doesn't matter if you need eyelets in both ends or a winch lug and eyelet at the other end, they are the same price :D
Let me know if your keen, this is a bargain price for genuine Dyneema SK-75 Rope!!
Dave

p.s one 20 meter eyelet to eyelet is sold to B4T :D only 180 meters left!!!

edit: just got off the phone to my mate, he is taking another 50 meters so I'm down to 130 meters!


recon u will be buying another roll when u finish this one?

Author:  Polar_Bear [ Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 130 meters of 10mm genuine Dyneema SK-75 Rope, $5.20 a m

ok, put me down for a 30m winch rope.

will need the standard winch lug at the drum end and eyelet at the hook end :wink:

Author:  bohuler [ Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 130 meters of 10mm genuine Dyneema SK-75 Rope, $5.20 a m

SSSIERA wrote:
recon u will be buying another roll when u finish this one?


Maybe. Depending if there is enough interest in the stuff I've got atm :D Its a freek huge amount of money to fork out if its going to sit around for months on end not selling :D

Polar_Bear wrote:
ok, put me down for a 30m winch rope.

will need the standard winch lug at the drum end and eyelet at the hook end :wink:


Awsome, I'm going to chop it up now. I'll pm you when its done :D (about 1/2 an hour or in the morning!)

Author:  Built4thrashing [ Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 130 meters of 10mm genuine Dyneema SK-75 Rope, $5.20 a meter

You havent forgot about one for me have you?

Author:  bohuler [ Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 130 meters of 10mm genuine Dyneema SK-75 Rope, $5.20 a meter

Built4thrashing wrote:
You havent forgot about one for me have you?

:helloo: You have pm!
Polar_Bear, you have pm too!!

anyone else want some????!

Dave

Author:  shabz [ Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 130 meters of 10mm genuine Dyneema SK-75 Rope, $5.20 a m

I'll take a 20m rope with eyelets at both ends :)

Author:  bohuler [ Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 130 meters of 10mm genuine Dyneema SK-75 Rope, $5.20 a m

shabz wrote:
I'll take a 20m rope with eyelets at both ends :)

:helloo:
pm sent! Ignore the postage bit, forgot to see that your in melbourne :D Your welcome to come collect it :D
Dave

Author:  Polar_Bear [ Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 130 meters of 10mm genuine Dyneema SK-75 Rope, $5.20 a meter

top work tiger! I received mine the other day. Nice work on the splicing.

Author:  86slowsierra [ Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 130 meters of 10mm genuine Dyneema SK-75 Rope, $5.20 a meter

your house must look like a Cookie Monster murder scene.

Author:  OFFROAD_SOLUTIONS [ Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 130 meters of 10mm genuine Dyneema SK-75 Rope, $5.20 a meter

I don't suppose you have a 60m length by any chance ?

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/