auszookers.com
http://auszookers.com/forum/

Swap my LJ50 Windscreen Surround for a LJ80 one.
http://auszookers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28820
Page 1 of 1

Author:  VMAX [ Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:45 am ]
Post subject:  Swap my LJ50 Windscreen Surround for a LJ80 one.

Hi Guys,
I have a windscreen surround with good glass, no rust holes of a LJ50 soft top.
Also still has the wipers and wipermotor attached.
It has some minor dents on the seam (easily covered if you put the seam rubber/plastic stuff around the frame)
Also some surface rusting here and there, but no holes.

I want to swap for a similar condition complete LJ80 one.

0412419619

Can collect within 100klms of Bris.

cheers,
Gerard.

Author:  TZAR [ Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Swap my LJ50 Windscreen Surround for a LJ80 one.

so how many hinge holes do you have????? 2 or 3

Author:  VMAX [ Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Swap my LJ50 Windscreen Surround for a LJ80 one.

Two.,, if you are refering to the LJ50 windscreen itself

Is that good or bad! :)

Author:  TZAR [ Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Swap my LJ50 Windscreen Surround for a LJ80 one.

Thats great cause the LJ80 had 2 holes and the LJ50 had three holes.

So you basically just got a LJ80 anyway. If it was a three hole I would have swapped mine for it.

Maybe you just need some LJ80 windscreen hinges part number 63210-73080 or some second hand ones from some where

Author:  VMAX [ Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Swap my LJ50 Windscreen Surround for a LJ80 one.

Thanks for your response.

Thats weird. I just checked and I have two other LJ80s here and one has 2 hole and the other has 3.. But the strange thing is that BOTH screens are tapered at the top.

The LJ50 screen i want to swap is basically a rectangle, it doesn't taper at the top. also.. I bought it from a guy who was wrecking his LJ50..

Will have a better look tomorrow in daylight.
BTW it has the hinges fitted.

Cheers,
G.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/