It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:43 pm
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Suzuki Talk

Vehicle: Sierra g16 efi..and Sierra GTi

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:17 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Well so far the only easy thing about the gti engine is the fact that the block bolts straight on as it is a G13b...I would not do this again... Part of the problem is the loom has missing plugs....aaaahhhh....that means hunting around to find a GTi harness that I can get some plugs off... I have spent Hooouuuurrrrssss scrolling through google images to try and get some answers. I have search here and other places with no success... can someone PLEASE assist...
AFAIK there is only 2 things that I need help with.

Firstly....At the rear of the engine there are a few connections... They are all sorted except for the single , what looks like a sender unit....single terminal thing like a oil pressure sender... What is it.....and what color wire goes to it ????? There is a single white unidentified wire on the loom that is in that area but I don't want to connect it if it is not supposed to go there and if it doesn't go there...where does it go...

secondly.... Under the gti coil there is a power unit...small black box about 35mmx35mmx12mm with a female 3 pin plug.....My loom has 3 wires which say stuff like ...this one goes to the blck wire, this one goes to the purple wire and this one goes to the orange wire....My problem is that without the female plug with a smidge of wire arttached to each pin, I have 2 problems...I don't know what the color of the wires are and i don't have the plug anyway...hense the need for a plug off a loom... I went to 3 places today without any success ...

The rest is basically finished and ready to go but with spare wires and spare unconnected connections I do not dare try to turn it over so I will just sit here refreshing this screen till I get an answer.... :?

Last edited by Toomanycars on Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vehicle: 1992 suzuki sierra hardtop

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:11 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
i will look at mine in the morning and let you know about the plugs

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:05 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Cheers Mate....What has made this even harder is all the pics that show these wires in the gti club have been hidden by Photobucket while they try and extort money from people to use their service which is soo bogged down with adds that it is almost unusable anyway...

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:24 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Slowly making progress....
The single white wire at the back of the engine that has no tag on it, apparently goes to the O2 sensor...which we don't have... I spoke to the guy we bought the conversion off and he says he has a loom to get the mysterious missing plug off as well as an O2 sensor...

The sender unit at the back of the engine is the water temp sensor which plugs into the wire off the old loom that went to the old water temp sensor so It has to be stripped out of the loom so it can reach to the opposite end of the engine.....There is soo little room to move back there. I am using a mirror and trying to get my tongue in the right position to try to get that wire on.. would have been easier to do if we hadn't already put all the heater and radiator pipes in.. Oh the joy of fitting an east west engine into a north south car.......

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:23 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
I don’t want to say I told you...... never mind.

Vehicle: 1992 suzuki sierra hardtop

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:26 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
you will be happy with it once it runs

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:23 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
It's running now...Took 4 hours to sort out a mistake in the loom but it runs nicely now and sounds good. Will tidy up and re wrap the loom tomorrow and take it for drive.. Interested to see how it goes agains out 1.6 zook..

Jump to: