It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:35 am
Board index » Talking About Stuff » N00b Talk

Vehicle: 89 suzuki sierra

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:16 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Hi all I am finally able to get some reduction gears i am liking the calmini 5.14 or the trailjimny 5.25s...with the price difference between them is it worth it for the trailjimnys? I personally haven't heard of anyone running these and from what i have read the calminis seem to be good as well.

I know the calminis run a bigger reduction in high range of 18% and the trailjimnys run 15%.

And what experience had with buying from them. I rang the states this morning to talk to them about pricing to send it here to aus and the women who answered the phone wasnt very helpful, even asked why I wanted them???? :shocked: :shocked:

If people havent good runs with either of these I will settle for 4.9s instead from lowrange as have heard good things from them and their gearsets.

I know lots of questions, hopefully people will help me out...

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:19 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
There's two different questions here as far as I can see.

A) Where to buy from.

Calmini have such a terrible reputation now I couldn't advise anyone to purchase anything from them. I don't actually believe they hold any stock now and just string people along hoping they will get enough of whatever it is sold to place an order with their supplier.

I don't have any feedback on trailjimny.

I'm not sure what your asking in regard to "is it worth it for trailjimny" that will depend on what tyre size you're trying to gear on road. Obviously off road there will be no noticeable difference.

Low Range are a pretty decent vendor.

Steve.

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: Sierras!! SWB and LWB

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:00 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
tanked wrote:
I rang the states this morning to talk to them about pricing to send it here to aus

Try Aust Post shopmate , they have a US address you can have stuff sent to then they charge to ship it to Australia.

The last time I ordered from Lowrange when I received the order I was plugged the details into the Aus Post website and it came back a fair bit cheaper. Lowrange have free ground shipping in the US so should be a better way of shipping. Sadly shipping to Aus from US is almost prohibitively expense.

Edit: link https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/our-ser ... mate-works

Vehicle: 89 suzuki sierra

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:56 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Yeah seems that way about calami haven't seen anything good about their service so that seals that deal, I am running 31s and do 70% Beach work so didn't want 6.5s so looks like I am going the low range route, thanks guys

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:30 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
I’d do 4.1’s if you do beach work.

Jump to: