It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:04 pm
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Suzuki Talk

Vehicle: 2018 Grand Vitara Sport

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:59 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Hi Folks,
Been lurking here for a while.
I will be taking delivery of a new Grand Vitara Sport in the next couple of weeks.
My question relates to getting a proper bullbar for it ...as wildlife out here really has no brains (both 2 legged and four legged ). Now Tuff have done one up to 2016 AFAIK....and ECB havent seen one since 2012 WTF ??
What I would like to know is if there is any difference in the front chassis etc in the last couple of years?? I am aware that they may not be adr applicable for my model ....but it may make it easier for makers to get their act into gear.
Or maybe there is someone on here who has fitted one to a 2018??
Also ...does the 16" wheel off the earlier 3 door models fit the 2018 5 door ?
And lastly....what other make vehicle has the same stud pattern as the 2018...and are likely to fit?
I am not really interested in those fancy 18" rims for back country work ....and would like to fit something a bit more workable in the bush.

TIA.

Cheers Keith

Vehicle: MY13 SWB GV (02 Paj Io)

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:53 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Hi,

I've got a really early MY13 SWB so the other end of the scale but same body.
Lots of bullbars list 08 onwards for overseas models so it looks like chassis is the same -ARB overseas also lists 06 onwards but here in Australia they don't so likely an ADR for crumple etc.
The 16" alloys seem to fit - Mine came with 16" steelies and the alloys swap over - infact the 15-17 SWB alloys are actually off the 06-08 4 door series and recycled on the later models. I bought some on Friday and got to see one that had been smashed in an accident - the inner lip is very thin and had fractured so I'd be carefull of you're planning to give it a hiding. I'm likely going to run some 2010 outlander 5 spoke alloys as they are heaps thicker.

stud pattern is 114.3x5 but has a small center hub bore than others - (mitsubishi, jeep, Hyundai, nissan) so you'd need to run hub rings in the rims

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: SV420+SV620 Vitara's

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:00 am 
Reply with quote Top  
ARB & Ironman4x4 both do a full bullbar with headlight & radiator hoops

Profile WWW  

Vehicle: 2016 Grand Vitara 3 door

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:36 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Get the dealer to swap the 18 for stock wheels and tyres
Tell them your doing them a favour they can ask more for a base model as a special with 18s LE model
Don't pay anything to do it
Used to do it all the time to get Nissan split rims on up spec model with mags, they jump at it

Vehicle: '85 Sierra LWB, '99 GV 2.5L

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:58 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
ARB list 3 different part no.s for the NGV.
There was an update to the bumper shape at the guard & it leave an odd gap - not a biggie, but not quite right either.
Both ARB & Ironman don't have provision to remount headlight squirters on cars originally equipped with them & this is a RWC / ADR issue, but it is not too hard to come up with something that works in place of the pop-out jobbies.
Keep in mind though, that to get the original pop-outs to, well, pop out, the pump puts out quite a fair bit more pressure than a 'normal' washer system.
Rgs, Michael

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: SV420+SV620 Vitara's

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:12 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
I'd say that be the case on the current facelift, from 2015 on as the bumper shape changed to have a raised section for the number plate & lower vents.

Pretty sure the ARB bar does work with the headlight squirters, there is an ARB fitting instructions pdf floating around that shows it working & the ironman bar doesn't use a bit of the stock bumper as an infill panel.

Profile WWW  

Vehicle: 2018 Grand Vitara Sport

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:09 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Thanks for your replies folks.
Was in Dubbo last week ...and talkin with the owner/manager of the Suzy dealership there....and he said that there was a wagon being fitted with an ARB bar that week....so it looks like maybe my chase has ended.
Cant really get the dealer to change wheels now....as the car arrives in Orange from Sydney in a cuppla days.
We bought it thru Union Shopper ....saved thousands...and it is delivered to our door with a full tank...and all costs paid on road with about 1500 bux worth of extras. Lookin forward to it hey....never had a new car before

Cheers Keith

Jump to: