It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:43 am
Board index » Talking About Stuff » N00b Talk

Vehicle: 87 Samurai

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:05 am 
Reply with quote Top  
Anyone make a rifle holder for inside the Samurai cab?
Maybe some holder that allows the rifle to stand up right, or across the dash?

Looking for pics / ideas please.

Vehicle: 1992 Sierra sj70 Tin Top

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:50 am 
Reply with quote Top  
the average owner on this forum of a Samurai lives in australia. we have pretty strict gun laws, you unfortunately cant just drive around with a gun strapped to a dash or window of a car, we have to keep them locked in as gun case while transporting them. i know people mount tools to the back tailgate of tin tops. gun could be mounted at that spot.

Vehicle: 06 Ford falcon

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:14 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
As said above alot of us here are aussies and dont exactly own guns freely since theres alot of laws surrounding guns here mostly the being locked away when being transported and if not in the case they have to be in 2 safes with the main body being in one and the firing pin and ammo in another unless at a gun range.

az supporter
az supporter

Vehicle: Sierras!! SWB and LWB

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:00 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Plenty of guys use them as a shooting rig here so there should be some ideas about. Mine sit between the seats with the barrel down the passenger footwell, I haven’t got a dedicated rack as such so I’m not much help.

Vehicle: 1993 Suzuki Sierra 1.3 SWB

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:13 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Hey Spokerider,

check out fleabay and look for ATV rifle racks, there's a lot of different types available, also check out your local gun shop, also check you tube, I assume you will be transporting whilst hunting and on private property. Just remember, unloaded, magazine out and bolt removed while using these type of gun racks in vehicles, SAFETY FIRST !!!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:16 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
LJ50 Frankenzook [originally a Tin top] mine sat on the dash in a couple of padded brackets with a rubber strap [we call them occy straps] to hold the rifle in place,
or in a rooftop rack just in front of a hatch we cut into the roof, with deep sided narrow tray to hold ammo and magazines

After the roof rusted off, bracketry was welded to the roll cage for the threeoh, .243, and ithica37, and the dash bracket was kept for the 10-22

Jump to: