It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:15 am
Board index » Talking About Stuff » Suzuki Talk

Vehicle: Sierra

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:24 pm 
Reply with quote Top  
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction...

I recently installed LED Rear Tail Lights in my Sierra as my stock Halogens were shot. Stupid me cut all the cables and connections and ditched the the lot. The problem i'm now having is my fuel gauge has stopped working. I have a yellow/red cable that seems to be running from the fuel guage sensor that i have obviously cut somewhere along the lines but i just can't seem to figure out where it should connect to. The float level still works fine and i have tested it using 12V+. I have tried running it straight to ground with no success and also running it to continues 12V+ which either turns the guage above the full line or opposite (below the empty)

I've done countless hours of research and tried many "physical fixes" but just cant seem to get it... REALLY STARTING TO BUG ME :x :cry:

If anyone has any answers or has crossed the same issue i'd more appreciate your input.

Cheers!
:peaceout:

Vehicle: 98 5 dr SQ420, 05 5dr JB420

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:56 am 
Reply with quote Top  
The yellow/red wire needs to run from the gauge on the dash to the sensor in the fuel tank.

I'm going to suggest that in future you leave the "auto-electrics" to the folks who know what they're about - connecting things "straight to ground" or "to continuous 12v+" has a high probability of damage, and when the item in question is suspended in a tank full of fuel, well, consider it a good way to start a vehicle bar-b-que.

And by the way - the tail lights were never halogens, just regular incandescent lamps.

Jump to: